Odometer Accuracy

flombo13

Registered
To the point, I travel 32.2 miles to work in the car, never more than 32.5 and never less than 32.

On the bike I recorded 34.5 to work today :wtf:

Is it possible to ride this extra distance on such a short route or is my odometer well out?

For the record I stayed on my side of the road for the whole journey and never went round in circles at roundabout trying to get my kneedown :rofl:

Yes, they are off about 7%. Get a Speedohealer and it's take care of it and be almost dead on. Most bikes are off.

I notice that my 2006 does that too. Work for me is 8.3 miles but when I ride my bike to work it says 9.8.

If your bike says its doing more miles than it is, they are ripping us off with service intervals :whistle:

There is some comfort in knowing I'm not alone though :rofl:

You must have spun the back tire at each traffick light, that calculates to more than a couple of miles of wheel spinning!!:poke:

Seriously, the speedo/odo is closer to 10% reading fast on my GenII. Why worry about it, just do the math while riding and you know your true speed?

I had a big smile averaging 51 miles per gallon, but after riding with the GPS, I realized I am actually getting 46 m/g.

You must have spun the back tire at each traffick light, that calculates to more than a couple of miles of wheel spinning!!:poke:

Seriously, the speedo/odo is closer to 10% reading fast on my GenII. Why worry about it, just do the math while riding and you know your true speed?

I had a big smile averaging 51 miles per gallon, but after riding with the GPS, I realized I am actually getting 46 m/g.

Good points, but your bike is worth more for trading in with less miles. That could equate to a few thousand miles over a period of time. :lol:

On my '05 the speedo was out by 7% but the odometer was right on. I've installed a Yellow Box ,similar to a Speedohealer, and now the speedo is right on but the odometer is low. Better for trade in value I guess.

When I got my 99 I also got the extended service.

This is what the gave me.

They know the odometer was off.

That is why it has 999,999.:thumbsup:
Untitled.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Back