Odd Work Hours

I do 12hr shifts 2 days (06:00 - 18:00) then 2 nights (18:00 - 06:00) then 4 off..
Thankfully I only switch days to nights every two weeks. I don't like switching but will take it over straight nights. I'm on 12's as well,, I like my off days.

Always 7 to 7 no matter if it's day or night. Routine starts on a Friday night. 4 nights, 3 days off, return Friday dayshift and do 3 days, get Monday off and return Tuesday for 3 nights, go home Friday morning and get a 3 day weekend, return Monday for 4 day shifts, get off Thursday night and don't have to retun to work until a week later on a Friday night to repeat the routine. If I followed my basic schedule, I would only have to work 15 days a month but, For the past 8 years I've been working between 700 and 1000hrs Of OT a year. I'm never off. Lol

Last edited:
The guys at work tell me I have two shifts... I go in about 6am every morning, work through lunch then take off about 4pm. I log back in to the network about 7 pm every night and work until about 1am... They tell everyone I work 1st and 2nd shift :)

The guys at work tell me I have two shifts... I go in about 6am every morning, work through lunch then take off about 4pm. I log back in to the network about 7 pm every night and work until about 1am... They tell everyone I work 1st and 2nd shift :)

At what point does it cross over from work to slavery? Lol. Those are some long hours!

For 3 years I have been working those hours... its not uncommon for me to get 2 hours sleep...

Thankfully I retired last July. For the previous 26 years I worked 8-5 with weekends off but prior to that I worked 7-3, 3-11 and 11-7 rotating every six months. Did that for about ten years.

I sit in front of a computer all day, every day.. I find some time here and there.. The new mobile app has been HUGE for me.. .

I just started 2nd shift at Subaru about a month ago. Their hours are 4:30 pm to 1 am, however we are soo far behind that normally we work until 3 am. To me this is more of a 1/2 and 1/2 shift, half 2nds and half 3rds!

Lot of shift workers here I see me included I also work 4 days on 4 days off 12 hour shifts 05.00 to 17.00 but luckily for me I don.t do the night shifts any more as I used to and did not like it one bit :thumbsup:

Always 7 to 7 no matter if it's day or night. Routine starts on a Friday night. 4 nights, 3 days off, return Friday dayshift and do 3 days, get Monday off and return Tuesday for 3 nights, go home Friday morning and get a 3 day weekend, return Monday for 4 day shifts, get off Thursday night and don't have to retun to work until a week later on a Friday night to repeat the routine. If I followed my basic schedule, I would only have to work 15 days a month but, For the past 8 years I've been working between 700 and 1000hrs Of OT a year. I'm never off. Lol

I work same schedule but 6-6 in an oil refinery in Illinois. Nice having 7 day break every month.

It sure is nice to have the option of taking the week off. It's nice to go on vacation for two weeks and only have to use one week of accumulated time.
I work same schedule but 6-6 in an oil refinery in Illinois. Nice having 7 day break every month.

Back