Odd things our pets do

ibified

Registered
So this morning, i get up to my normal cup of coffee and the newspaper, and, of course a cig. I decide that since my buddy's GSXR600 is sitting on the back of my truck, I'll go out and check to make sure it's all ready to go to be traded in on a GSXR1000 (yeah, i know...i tried...)

So anyway, i slide the sliding glass door open to go out, not noticing Jobu, out Serval, is sitting by the glass all wound up. it turns out, there was a duck in the yard. I didn't see the duck, and the duck for DAMN sure didn't see Jobu. Now, a Serval is capable of running faster than any land animal but a Cheetah, so once he got by me and out the door, it didn't take long to seal the fate of our pal, Mr Duck. Needless to say, I had a hell of a big mess in the back yard. And Jobu needed a bath.

So much for a relaxing morning...

I can see this thread going two ways, one in favor of the duck
laugh.gif

My pit trys to catch things but he is to clumsy

The duck was in the wrong place at the wrong time...lol!

Last weekend our 2 German Shepherds went out for their evening romp in the backyard, a quick chase around the pine trees, and proudly the both came running back about 1 minute later - each with Half a bunny in their mouth's - they were so Proud!

ZukMou01.jpg

I have to admit, I didn't know what a Serval was. After a bit of research, I decided that would be a cool pet to have. I am going to talk to the wife when she gets out of bed about it.

We already have 2 dogs (GSD, Bull mastiff) 3 cats (2 indoor and one barn cat) and 2 horses. What is one more cat?

Don

(Zuki @ Jan. 20 2007,09:02) The duck was in the wrong place at the wrong time...lol!

Last weekend our 2 German Shepherds went out for their evening romp in the backyard, a quick chase around the pine trees, and proudly the both came running back about 1 minute later - each with Half a bunny in their mouth's - they were so Proud!

ZukMou01.jpg
There is nothing better than a dog walking tall and proud.

(USN05LE @ Jan. 20 2007,07:05) I have to admit, I didn't know what a Serval was.  After a bit of research, I decided that would be a cool pet to have.
I agree, that would be a kewl pet to own...

Looks like a very nice pet, reading that in the US as pets, owners report them as being very family friendly and generally more social than domestic cats. Hmmmm.... interesting.

yes, it's considered an exotic. And if anyone wants some serious info on owning them (bte, someone asked for a pic of "the dog" - a serval is a cat. ours is 25" at the shoulder and 43 lbs. he eats about 3 lbs of chicken a day. Oh, and he likes to pounce on peoples heads. people who are STANDING up. if you want to get onem, you'll be finer with the cats, but you may need to watch how it interaces with dogs. they've sometimes been known to kill larger breed dogs. I definitely wouldnt have one with a german shephard, pitbull, boxer, golden retriever, etc. They are EXTREMELY friendly and loyal, but not overly agressive. For example, if one of you folks came to my house, there's no WAY he'd let you get past him to get near me unless he knew you or unless i "told" him that you were okay. He'll keep himself between me or my wife and anybody he doesn't know. in order to bond with them though, you have to get them as kittens (less than 12 wks old or so). Oh, and another thing....they're LAZY AS HELL most of the time.

Oh, and id love to post some pics if i could figure out how the fu*k to do it.....

In due time, i guess.

Bull mastiff now thats a dog!!! I would love one.. Right now I have two cats... one thinks she is a dog and loves to play fetch with milk bottle cap lock rings.

yeah then you have my sooki. she sleeps with me at night worse than any women i know i am laying there watchin a movie in bed and guess what she nudges me. Then burps in my face...yeah cute hahaha

No so i get up to get a water and i come back she is standing up ears back looks at me and this whaling fart noise comes out of her..alas it reacked so i open the window. She turns 2 times and lays down yeah strange dog

P1010073.JPG

Is it just me or does that cat's head look awful small for its body?
laugh.gif

Back