Odd noise (front end)

Johnny GSX-R

Registered
I have an odd noise coming from behind the headlight / air scoop area when i blip the throttle from idle and then let it rest.
It sounds as though there is some kinda of induction flap opening and closing as the throttle is opened.

Is there some kind of butterfly assembly or similar behind the noce cone which may cause this noise?

Thanks guys

When in doubt take it a apart.

And read the manual.

I have not seen anyflaps, just the headlite and the intake tubes to the frame.

Has anything happened that could have caused this? Do you see anything in the tubes?

There is a "flapper Valve" in the airbox...not sure one what it does though but some people do a airbox mod and remove it...

Thats under the tank, if you are hearing it there then that might be it.

There is a "flapper Valve" in the airbox...not sure one what it does though but some people do a airbox mod and remove it...
So this 'flapper valve' would cause this plastic (non metalic) noise i guess..

Are you able to hear it normally as you stand by the side and open the throttle to about 1500rpm and then close it?
I'm not too concerned about it, the bike only has 500 miles on the clock (i've had it 4 weeks) but i just wanted to clarify it should be there.

Also, i've just done the BUELL peg mod...........what an amazing difference its made for me.
Thanks for your help guys.

<!--EDIT|Johnny GSX-R
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145290291 -->

Yea the first time i started the bike without the fast idle on (on a cold morning) i heard this crazy plastic flapping sound i was like wtf? So i thought some how, something got in my airbox (totally disreguarding the fact that there was screens on the front of the bike)... i lifted the tank, took out the airfilter and saw this flapper valve thing...i was like ok what the heck is it? I put the air filter back on and tried starting it again and it did it again... i pulled the fast idle lever and started it again and there was no more noise... I think its like a negitive pressure compensator or something so when the engine needs more air it opens and closes quickly making that sound but i could be wrong...
rock.gif

Back