octane ratings

Lot boy,

it wasn't a lot of fun to learn in college chemistry and thermodynamics class either. =)

(ibified @ Mar. 04 2007,21:53) Lot boy,

it wasn't a lot of fun to learn in college chemistry and thermodynamics class either.  =)
thanks again you have helped me lose an argument, but knowledge is power . next time ill know a little more about what i was talking about
beerchug.gif

Well, sorry about that, but as you said, it's how we learn. I've learned TONS from folks on this board, and I've been wrong about plenty of things...

Very interesting info. Picked up my bike yesterday salesman said he put a full tank of premium in it and only run that in the bike up in Canada octane levels are 87, 89, 91 now is it differant with the additives for Canadian fuel or can I just go to the lower octane after I burn the tank he gave me. Only mod on it right now is a set of carbon fibre Devil slipons

Wolfman,

I don't know how the fuel gets measured up there, so, I can't be of much help. Read the owners manual and see what it says - that's probably your best bet. if gas is the same there as it is here thoughm, you should be fine on 87.

Back