Oberon Bar End Mirrors

piratediverjefff

Registered
Ordered a pr. of their 60mm on Sat.(from the UK,$144.95 U.S.)and they arrived this morning.Really well made pieces and can mount in several positions(that's what she said:laugh:).Look way better(to me)than those fugly OEM and appear to be functional(I can actually see out of them:laugh:).

OberonMirrors005_zpsbb92c91a.jpg

OberonMirrors004_zps1d56a905.jpg

OberonMirrors003_zps4cf6f663.jpg

OberonMirrors002_zps0e60906c.jpg

piratediverjefff

Registered
Thanks guys,they're growin' on me.I've ran block offs for the last 6 years but a few close calls lately coming back from bike nights(crowded SoCal freeways where most everyone drives like idiots)prompted me to either put the stockers back on or try these so I took the plunge.They're really not as obtrusive or as noticeable as they appear in these pictures as these are close up shots to show how cleanly they mount(I'd still rather run block offs but I figure these are the lesser of three evils I've managed to elude so far;gettin' run over[I've been run over twice by careless cagers but not because I didn't have any mirrors:laugh:],a ticket,or the OEMs).These also offer the options of coming straight out the end of the bar weight or from below the grip.

sixpack577

Top Gun
Registered
I really like bar end mirrors. I can see much better with them than any other mirrors I've tried.
I can focus on them quicker and they have a larger field of view, even with smaller surface area.
I put them on my Busa and Bking, and the next bike I buy will get them too(gsxr1000 streetfighter).
I used cheapo's that worked fine, but I know Oberon makes high quality stuff, I know they are better.
Your bike looks great:beerchug:

Redline337

Registered
Very nice! Mine are that style too, but they are the Hong Kong/eBay ones. I mounted mine out the end because I didn't like how close to my grips they were when mounted out the top. I really like them. Block off plates are sexy too! :D

piratediverjefff

Registered
I really like bar end mirrors. I can see much better with them than any other mirrors I've tried.
I can focus on them quicker and they have a larger field of view, even with smaller surface area.
I put them on my Busa and Bking, and the next bike I buy will get them too(gsxr1000 streetfighter).
I used cheapo's that worked fine, but I know Oberon makes high quality stuff, I know they are better.
Your bike looks great:beerchug:
Thank you bro:thumbsup:

piratediverjefff

Registered
Very nice! Mine are that style too, but they are the Hong Kong/eBay ones. I mounted mine out the end because I didn't like how close to my grips they were when mounted out the top. I really like them. Block off plates are sexy too! :D
I still may have to tweak them a bit(so far only have them focused on the house across the street:laugh:).Tried the clearance with my gloves on and seems to be fine but will road test this morning.:thumbsup:

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
I had one back in the day, but I mounted it under the hand grip :poke:

improved aeros I imagine as well. :thumbsup:

piratediverjefff

Registered
Haven't tried these under the grip yet,only because a friend had his like that and at full steering lock(while stopped)the mirror would hit his leg(but I may have to try it now dad:laugh:).

piratediverjefff

Registered
Haven't tried these under the grip yet,only because a friend had his like that and at full steering lock(while stopped)the mirror would hit his leg(but I may have to try it now dad:laugh:).
Correction,the mirror on the friend's bike would just touch his FAIRING at full lock,not his leg(and that was on a ZX-14)...figured I'd fix this before someone called me on it.:laugh:

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
It lQQks badazz, do it, step back and look at it, take a few pix, that's right , pull that dayum baffle, and ride out brother. No angry music, you'll get arrested with all that going ........

1busa

Registered
For those of you on the fence about Bar end mirrors I would suggest you grab a Chinese knockoff set from ebay. Costs less than $50 and hold up pretty well :thumbsup: That way you can see if they are for you or not and you don't have to drop a lot of $$$.

QWKENAF

Registered
For those of you on the fence about Bar end mirrors I would suggest you grab a Chinese knockoff set from ebay. Costs less than $50 and hold up pretty well :thumbsup: That way you can see if they are for you or not and you don't have to drop a lot of $$$.
I ran those cheap eBay ones and it was a waste of my $50. You get what you pay for...
I bought these also and they are quality. I wish I hadn't wasted $50 for something that only last a month.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E CRG vs. Oberon B-King General Discussion 8
T 2019 flush bar ends? Gen II Busa Information 3
rubbersidedown grab bar/with franky bolts or without Wanted 13
rubbersidedown 2 piece grab bar Wanted 0
T Bar Ens Gen II Busa Information 24
rubbersidedown Yani Shiki grab bar...where to find one General Bike Related Topics 23
N How do I get tripped screw out of bar end???? General Bike Related Topics 11
B Rear brake torquelink bar General Bike Related Topics 7
Fastrong Missing my 05' grab bar bolts Busa problems 1
ottafish Bar end OEM weight Gen II Busa Information 10
c10 Bar end mirrors custom made , and super light ! General Bike Related Topics 18
04 Limited Busa Speigler bar conversion kit Gen II Busa Information 6
tabragg bar end thread size Appearance mods 8
C Rear grab bar install Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 5
BravoZulu1 Handle bar shaking General Bike Related Topics 36
dubbedmarquis98 Grab Bar General Bike Related Topics 4
over200 Stem Stabilizer Bar Tie Down? General Bike Related Topics 0
busafan08 Handle Bar Risers Gen II Busa Information 7
InfiniteReality Pmr Bar Switch Gen II Busa Information 17
rubbersidedown I Have A 2009 Silver Grab Bar If Anybody Needs It Gen II Busa Information 6
gack Grab Bar Bolts General Bike Related Topics 6
C Bar That Keeps Side Fairings Off Headers? General Bike Related Topics 4
Jake whitebird Which Bar End Mirror?? Appearance mods 10
S Bar Risers General Bike Related Topics 2
Ham Handle Bar Straps Gen II Busa Information 2
c10 Installed Pictures of ABM / LSL bar kit sold by Spiegler in the USA . Gen II Busa Information 22
J Baddest no bar bike 1/4 Mile 13
J Integrated Bar End Mirror/Signals?? Busa Mods 3
onlyoneromeo bar end mirrors,hollow handlebars and triple clamps Gen II Busa Information 7
groran1000 bar for mounting accessories General Bike Related Topics 3
busa_boy_69 grab bar help General Bike Related Topics 4
gurrera Wisconsin Titty Bar... Random Thoughts 12
B Passenger grab bar install plz help Gen II Busa Information 4
deon_hackstall Grab Bar Bolts General Bike Related Topics 1
kevin567 Apex clip-ons and HVMP weighted bar ends Busa Mods 1
chrissb6 Bar Risers Gen II Busa Information 21
Big E Abm/Spiegler Bar set up for Gen 2 Hayabusa General Bike Related Topics 14
B Homemade Bar Risers???? General Bike Related Topics 8
B Bar Risers??? General Bike Related Topics 5
SpeedAdict ABM LSL handle bar information Please General Bike Related Topics 4
bigjack7679 Handle Bar Toggle Switch Suggestions Gen II Busa Information 11
gsxter Pazzo clutch lever hitting bar end... Gen II Busa Information 3
knippie Bar End Mirrors General Bike Related Topics 10
Whiskeyjack Replacement bar ends Appearance mods 3
W Rear grab bar hollow or solid aluminum Gen II Busa Information 4
kml Guy walk into a bar with a Glock and a 30 round clip... Random Thoughts 6
D How to ReMove bar ends General Bike Related Topics 7
E Bar end mirrors General Bike Related Topics 17
Mythos Mirror Removal, Bar End Mirror and Mirror Caps Installation Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 2
Mythos Bar End Weights Removal Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 8