Obama Sworn Twice

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Saw a news clip. Apparently the Chief Justice goofed and Obama had to be sworn in again at the White House :banghead:

I think its very cool that the constitution has specific wording that must be repeated before one can assume the responsibilities of the office.:thumbsup:

I think its very cool that the constitution has specific wording that must be repeated before one can assume the responsibilities of the office.:thumbsup:

To bad they don't follow the rest of the constitution as closely...:banghead:

Last edited:
You're of course referring to history...the future is starting with a great disadvantage being in the hole so to speak in many many ways right out of the gate. I believe it just may be starting to go down the right road towards a really beneficial change, a good and welcome change, to our citizens here, our soldiers everywhere and ultimately, the people of the world.

You're of course referring to history...the future is starting with a great disadvantage being in the hole so to speak in many many ways right out of the gate. I believe it just may be starting to go down the right road towards a really beneficial change, a good and welcome change, to our citizens here, our soldiers everywhere and ultimately, the people of the world.

Yeah, history.. Kinda hard to have proof someone is a crook without it..:laugh:

I do wish Obama and his team the best in dealing with all the issues facing our country, regardless of how I feel about any politics/politicians.. I just hope we don't get taxed into oblivion over the next 4 years. :thumbsup:

Yeah, history.. Kinda hard to have proof someone is a crook without it..:laugh:

I do wish Obama and his team the best in dealing with all the issues facing our country, regardless of how I feel about any politics/politicians.. I just hope we don't get taxed into oblivion over the next 4 years. :thumbsup:

:beerchug: Our attitude is crucial to turning the economy around. Obama challenged us in his speech to have faith in America's ability, and aim to getting back to business as usual. I believe that starts at the bottom, the working people, and by today's standards that makes me a liberal. To me the masses and their routines are the engine, and the corporate financial world the chassis. It's up to us to start this morning.

OK, I'll put down the metaphoric crack pipe now... :)

It is awfully coincidental that the chief justice F***ed up the swearing in of the first Black president. I mean, in such a historic moment, with the entire world watching he goes and administers the oath like a real amateur.
Having taken many oaths in my life, I know that things can go wrong when too many words are said before pausing and allowing the person to repeat. So, why couldn't the chief justice have thought of this before making his phrases go too long between pauses?

Nicely said! :beerchug:

Good words from all! He (The President) wanting to take the oath again showed me that he really wants to do things right!!

Back