Obama sends 13 YO Daughter to Spring Break in Mexico at Taxpayer's expense?

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
True or not? If so, then this is just another example of why he's GOT TO GO....
--------------------------

AFP report: Obama daughter Malia spending spring break in
Mexico with 25 Secret Service agents

Daily-Caller-158by27_174921.pngBy Christopher Bedford - The Daily
Caller | The Daily Caller – Mon, Mar 19, 2012

An AFP report that President Barack Obama’s 13-year-old daughter,
Malia, is spending spring break
in Oaxaca, Mexico with 12
friends and under the protection of 25 Secret Service agents and a number of local police
officers, appears to have been completely scrubbed from the Internet news sites
that first reported it.

The International Business Times reported that, “the group arrived in Oaxaca
on Saturday and reportedly visited the architectual site of Mitla.â€￾

The Department of Public Safety, a Texas law enforcement agency, issued a
warning on Tuesday against students against celebrating their spring breaks in
violence-torn Mexico. The Huffington Post reported that in
February, the United States State
Department “recommended that Americans avoid travel to all or parts of 14
or 31 Mexican states. It’s the widest travel advisory issued by the U.S. since
Mexico stepped up its drug war in 2006.â€￾

Since the story was first reported, it appears to have been scrubbed from a
number of news outlets. The Huffington Post, International Business Times, The
Australian, The Telegraph and Global Grind have all removed the article, and
AFP, which initially reported the story, now links to an unrelated story on
“Sengalese superstar Youssou Ndour.â€￾

I would venture to say this is part of Obama's "It's all really OK" tour (it follows the myriad of "Apology" tours he's been on since taking office)...he's letting Mexico know that despite the gang and drug violence, headless Americans being left along the border, America still wants to spend $$ in Mexico. :laugh:

check out this article about presidental vacations. bush took 3 times as much vacation as obama at this time in thier presidencys

Presidential vacations: How does Obama compare? - CBS News

heres some more on presidental vacation spending

Bush Spent 5 Times More On Flights To Texas Than Obama

before you strat getting all worked up about me not liking bush let me say i dont care one way or the other. the president has very little control over what happens in this country. its all controled by the house and senate.

i just get tired of the guy getting bashed at every turn. the president of this country has an IMPOSSIBLE job. period.

check out this article about presidental vacations. bush took 3 times as much vacation as obama at this time in thier presidencys

before you strat getting all worked up about me not liking bush let me say i dont care one way or the other. the president has very little control over what happens in this country. its all controled by the house and senate.

i just get tired of the guy getting bashed at every turn. the president of this country has an IMPOSSIBLE job. period.

Not to mention a catrillion dollars on the Iraq war which should of never happen.

I really dont care that Obama has used the plane or vacations less or more economically then Bush. Bush, for the most part and in your linked proof, went to his home, his ranch in TX and "worked" a good bit there. The trip to HI for Obama, since he claims to be from there, is ok and while the 4M price tag seems a bit lavish, it is what it is. The ones I take issue with are the flights to the EU for the Mrs. & her 9 friends/family/etc and trips like this one for his kids. My tax dollars already pay for millions of idiots on the govt teet, so why not pay for him to send his family globe tripping? I cant afford to do those trips and while I'm not in the 1% everyone gets pissy about I'm certainly not in the bottom % either. I work hard for every penny I have and have a fairly strict budget to make ends meet. Seeing reports of the POTUS or FLOTUS or their kids living it up like millionaires on vacation just piss me off (regardless of who the POTUS or FLOTUS might be at the time). I think the economy is in the toilet with little signs of recovery and this idiot is living the good life on money that is taken from me with no real input on how its spent doing things that my family and I probably could never afford to do...unless I didnt have to pay a crap pile of taxes every check :laugh:

They all waste money...republicans, democrats...

I was more surprised that a 13 year old is in Mexico for Spring Break :rofl:

Another take on it from the Washington Post:

White House says Malia Obama is safe after earthquake in Mexico, where she is on vacation - The Washington Post

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama’s oldest
daughter, Malia, was never in danger during a strong earthquake Tuesday in
Mexico, the White House said.

Malia, 13, accompanied by Secret Service agents, has been in Oaxaca in
southwestern Mexico for a school-sponsored service project. The U.S. Geological
Survey said the earthquake was felt strongly in Oaxaca.

The quake was followed by an aftershock that shook southern Mexico, swayed
buildings in Mexico City and sent frightened workers and residents into the
streets.

Kristina Schake, the first lady’s communications director, said Malia Obama
“is safe and was never in danger.†Typically the White House does not comment on
the Obama children but made an exception because of the quake.

“We would reiterate our request that the media respect the privacy and
security of the Obama children and not report on or photograph the girls when
they are not with their parents,†Schake said.

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum criticized Obama for allowing
his daughter to travel to Mexico when the State Department had issued a travel
warning for the country. “When the government is saying this is not safe, then
you don’t set the example by sending your kids down there,†Santorum said during
an interview with radio host Glenn Beck.

The State Department warning in February did not say Americans shouldn’t
travel to Mexico but noted that “crime and violence are serious problems
throughout the country and can occur anywhere.â€

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may
not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

They all waste money...republicans, democrats...

I was more surprised that a 13 year old is in Mexico for Spring Break :rofl:

That is exactly what I was thinking. Who in their right mind lets their 13 year old daughter go to Mexico on spring break or any other time. I don't care if she does have 25 guards to protect her. Let one suicide bomber get through and it won't matter much.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Who in their right mind lets their 13 year old daughter go to Mexico on spring break or any other time. I don't care if she does have 25 guards to protect her. Let one suicide bomber get through and it won't matter much.

Wrong country. They only cut you up and dismember you in Mexico :laugh:

But she waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanted to go! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... :laugh:

There is no way...so, I'll bash him and his wife on their parenting skills. All politicians waste $$; that will never change, no matter who is President...

I'm just pissed that I can't get my fingers into the government feeding trough.

Damnit, I want me som free stuf!

Arrogance in the white house is alive and well it appears!

I hope for Keith's sake it's all a myth or the blood vessels in his neck may explode when he writes that next tax check! :tantrum:

25 Secret Service agents probaby could NOT handle 250 Drug cartel punks...I don't care HOW many SS agents I'm not letting my 13 year old go to Mexico!

Either he is incredibly stupid about this, or he just doesn't care, and I don't think he's stupid.

25 Secret Service agents probaby could NOT handle 250 Drug cartel punks...I don't care HOW many SS agents I'm not letting my 13 year old go to Mexico!

Either he is incredibly stupid about this, or he just doesn't care, and I don't think he's stupid.

I told you, this is to show Mexico that despite the horrors there, he'll still spend $ in Mexico. It's a good will gesture :laugh:

I told you, this is to show Mexico that despite the horrors there, he'll still spend $ in Mexico. It's a good will gesture :laugh:

Good will gesture or not, not with my daughter I wouldn't!

I have always :banghead: over the spending but I agree with the "not letting my kid go to Mexico" part. What was he thinking??? Is he trying to earn the Latino vote with this???

being POTUS has its perks and if he wants to send his kid to Mexico with secret service protection then so what. dont under estimate the secret service and the resources they have at their disposal.

Mexico is dangerous and there are definitely some parts you wouldn't want to go to.
But for the most part it's still safe. The media will have you think that you will be killed the second you cross the border. This simply isn't true. But I'd bet the neighborhood ten minutes north of me is just as bad.

Back