Obama Care Rates for 2016?

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Yep, your Obama Care insurance rates will be increasing, but the question is "By how much"?

As I enjoyed my morning latte while listening to the morning news the topic was Obama Care. This year of 2015 Obama Care increased nation wide by only 2%, yeaaaaaah! Not bad eh?

Well, it seems the forecast for rates in 2016 will average 7.5% nationwide. So, with simple mathematics in mind if you paid $1000 a month for insurance in 2015 you will be paying $1075 monthly in 2016. Not so fast! It seems that individual state may and will have different rate increases such as Montana will see a 35% increase, Tennessee 23% (Skydvr will be thrilled to read this), Oklahoma 34% and the list continues. What struck me as odd was the list with the largest increases were all blue states. Not a single Red state that voted democratic was listed.

Now my question is "Who is the swinging crank that decides how much and what demographic pays more and who pays less"? If you have an answer, please share with us who have no clue! I thought we were all in this thing together. Why should I pay more because I live in one of the high rate states?

This was the biggest eye opener that made me gasp for air: 80% of current customers under Obama Care get a subsidy which averages $270 per month. Using my simple arithmetic that comes to $270 million per million customers per month. If you are working for a living and paying taxes, this means you can add this enormous cost on top of your insurance premium each month.

I'm not sure but I think I remember someone important promising us a reduction of $2,500 per family per year, no?

I'm going to remember this when I go to the voting box in 2016!

For those of you who voted this crowd into the white house, please read the following quote prior to casting a vote.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results! Albert Einstein

mine at work went up roughly 15%. Thank you o****stick. First item of business with any repub pres should be executive action a and b. A dissolve and remove the affordable care crap. B charge Bama with treason against the country and its people, perform a public deportation with bounty applied.

Back