Obama Administration Blocks Keystone XL Pipeline

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Just when I thought this administration couldn't get any more boneheaded, they surprise me:

NBC Politics - Obama rejects Keystone oil pipeline

Are you kidding me? We stop drilling for oil in the Gulf over a admitted potential enviromental disaster (that didn't materialize), sending all the oil rigs and the THOUSANDS of jobs away. Then we turn down an opportunity for a direct pipe into Canada's oil reserves, going into US REFINERIES (more jobs). Whether we like it or not, the US NEEDS a good supply of oil. From a ally neighbor OVER LAND no less. This was a STRATEGIC necessity, the enviromental concerns duly noted and need to be worked out. I'd just about call for his Impeachment over this level of stupidity.

You can talk about the 'evil' oil companies all you want, but oil in the US is JOBS and PROFITS that SHAREHOLDERS make that trickles down into the general economy. Wait til gas is $5 a gallon this summer (as it's predicted) and we'll see how many votes he gets. Even I could out-debate Obama and win the election with this.

P.S. You send the pipeline to Texas because that's where the REFINERIES are, and the port of Houston supplies the entire east coast without having to traverse the Canal zone.

We won't spend the national treasury to ensure a steady, uninterrupted supply of oil and create thousands of American Jobs, but we'll give it away in addional weeks of unemployment benefits. I am truly astounded.

intresting read.... sounds more like rejected due to forced decision by republicans vs makeing sure fail safes and studys of appropriate placement.... seems reasonable to me to ask for good facts not hasty decision makeing

I wouldn't call 5 years "hasty"....this has been stalled in Congress by this administration for over half his term. Finally, the Republicans made him put up or shut up, and he did.

You dont understand, if we have our own oil we can line the pockets of our importers and origin countries. Its always about the dollar.

the only reason he did and ONLY, is political and it's election year.
and..... he needs the votes from all of the environmental folks
....I'm just saying ;)

Didn't realize that. I was under the impression we got most of it from the middle east

why do we need to drill for more ? We already ship out MORE fuel than we use ! We get ALL ours from other countries and give them ours , that makes sence .... right?!

Didn't realize that. I was under the impression we got most of it from the middle east

the middle east isnt a singular country

U.S. Total Crude Oil and Products Imports

this directly effects me and many others i know. people that oppose this are know nothings or benefit monetarily from it being blocked. if youve ever worked oil and gas you would know more safeguards go into production than anything else. the industry is always bastardized by long haired tree huggers.

how can america as a nation support a president that has directly and negatively affected the working classes check book so severely. we have a serious problem in this nation of doing whats in our worst interest because of some politically correct nonsense.

Many jobs for who? Labor would be outsourced and nobody here will want to work for minimum wage to build it.

That would not have been minimum wages. It would have been government funded so it would have been prevailing wages. It would have brought jobs for crews installing the massive pipeline, construction contractors installing the line, manufacturing companies, engineers. Not to mention the middle me who need to refine the and all of the equipment they need to do it, the oil companies who need to store it an guys like me who building the large warehouses to store it all. The list goes on and on. That was a Major blow to our economy. Obama waited for an election year to kill it which pisses me off even more…it was all for the tree hugger vote. Obama is a D-bag!

Many jobs for who? Labor would be outsourced and nobody here will want to work for minimum wage to build it.

Do you really think we are going to bring in, at great expense, given the amount of publicity over it and the jobs potential, a bunch of foreign workers to build it? Doesn't this administration give priority to government contract to unionized companies (which I find distatestful).

Is minimum wage better than welfare bennies for the country?

I'd rather have a spigot that is connected to our stable ally that we share borders with, than the Straights of Hormuz. When the pipleline is in place, we might be ROOTING for Iran to block the Straight...would negate much of the power now being wielded by the Middle Eastern Nations. Think in NATIONAL STRATEGIC TERMS....

It might be distasteful to the tree-huggers, and it's likely to be distasteful to those who may lose land in eminent doman issues, but this one was definitely in the best interest of the US. I'll tell you what, I own some land in SD, SEND THRU MY LOT.

since we are the single largest exporter of oil to the states, when they come knocking and ask us to put up a pipeline and they will come knocking,, i say we double the price and make em pay, what ya think Juan?

Back