Oakley Thump 2 for riding?

hckyguy1

Registered
I was wondering if anyone has ever tried using the oakley thump, thump split, or thump 2 for listening to music while riding? I just bought a pair off ebay to have as an extra pair of sunglasses and to use to listen to my music on the way to classes and what not, and was curious how they would work with riding...

Picture 2.png

Hadn't even heard or seen these till this pic :laugh:

If you wear a full face, you won't be able to adjust the buttons

Last edited:
i was plannin on using them just for when im riding around town and dont have a helmet on. I know they wont work very well with a helmet, would be a pain to get them in your ears inside a helmet.

i was plannin on using them just for when im riding around town and dont have a helmet on. I know they wont work very well with a helmet, would be a pain to get them in your ears inside a helmet.

I'd personally elect to have the helmet sans the glasses. :beerchug:

:rulez:

I'd personally elect to have the helmet sans the glasses. :beerchug:

:rulez:

I usually dont wear a helmet unless im going on long rides or going on the interstate... I actually dont even own a helmet right now. I sold mine to a friends and am trying to decide which helmet I want to buy now.

i have a a pair of the pro thump riding is ok with themaslong you aren't goingmuch fast than 40they seem to dook but wind noise is a big player in this as speed picks up

Looks cool.......As for the helmet.....??? Hope you get one.....hate to hit the pavement even as slow as 20mph with a bare melon.......anyway, I wear a full face and slide my glasses on sometimes after the helmet is on. I have some thin rimless ones so if I can do it with those......anything is possible.

You will get a lot of comments about NOT wearing a helmet but it is ultimately your choice! Brings to mind Natasha Richardson (actress, wife of actor Liam Neeson) who sustained a fatal head injury after she fell while taking skiing lessons (probably going way slower than 5 mph).

It can be done with a modular type helmet as I've done it before when I had my Thump pros. As said before you will have a difficult time accessing the buttons, there is no way to wear them with a FF unless it is way too big!!!

Those don't look like they would be good for riding. Even without a helmet, the wind noise would overcome the sound. Only way to ride with sound is if you have the ear buds that go down in your ear. I don't think you will get good sound with those things.

On another note, HELMET:rulez:

I usually dont wear a helmet unless im going on long rides or going on the interstate... I actually dont even own a helmet right now. I sold mine to a friends and am trying to decide which helmet I want to buy now.

Since you don't use a lid you still may be better off with some ear buds and a one those beanie or do rag things, I am guessing a leather one will keep the wind noise out. Not sure how you deal with the wind noise without a lid..

skull3pk1border.jpg

No helmet huh? Must be nice being able to control those around you. But hey...as long as you look good. :spank:
Posted via Mobile Device

I wear my normal oakleys and earbugs under a helmet all the time without issue when I go out of town and what not, I just dont think these would work for with a helmet on as it would be difficult to access the buttons and to get the earbugs into my ears once in the helmet.. I was wondering if anyone had tried them without a helmet as I was thinking about using them that way since I cant find my ipod at the moment, and the cord from my headphones is always bothering me when riding around in town.

And yes, I am getting a new helmet, just havent decide what brand I want yet, and actually the wind noise really doesnt bother me.

I try to ware ear buds but they never stay in. His decision not to ware a helmet, lay off the guy. Lets take a poll on everyone that smokes on here. That cost the people way more money than not wearing a helmet and no one *****es about that. just my 2 cents guys.

I try to ware ear buds but they never stay in. His decision not to ware a helmet, lay off the guy. Lets take a poll on everyone that smokes on here. That cost the people way more money than not wearing a helmet and no one *****es about that. just my 2 cents guys.

But with smoking you can live a relatively long life before you die slowly eventually. Odds are not wearing a helmet will get you killed faster! Now smoke and dont wear a helmet, then your screwed:whistle:

Anyways, get some of these and look cool like the Dawg!

dchapman.gi.file.jpg

But with smoking you can live a relatively long life before you die slowly eventually. Odds are not wearing a helmet will get you killed faster! Now smoke and dont wear a helmet, then your screwed:whistle:

Anyways, get some of these and look cool like the Dawg!

dchapman.gi.file.jpg

I believe those are the thump, I bought a pair of the thump 2 off ebay just like the ones in the picture in the original post.

Back