O2 Sensor Bypass

surt

Registered
Hi,

I finally managed to scrounge together enough cash to buy a brocks shortmeg full system + and BMC air filter.

I can't pay for an ecu tune just yet, and I know I need an O2 sensor bypass/block off otherwise the bike won't start.

Is there a DIY option for this? Aren't there two wires I can cross? Does anyone have pics? Can I just unplug something?

I've also heard the bike will run rich and can and foul the spark plugs, will I be OK? I'm on economic survival mode right now!

Last edited:
You talking about the PAIR Valve blockoff's?
Brock's also carries maps on their site after purchase just to upload so you have at least a base map, yer plugs should be good man.

I don't really know. I didn't have enough money for an ECU tune and on brock's website it says

"PC3-USB or O2 sensor block off plug required."

Well the block off plug isn't too expensive but they want $85 dollars for shipping on what look like a coin-sized piece of plastic!

I need a cheaper option. And what I understand is that the plug just blocks off some kind of electrical plug somewhere on the bike that monitors o2 levels.

And I read that if I buy a 330ohm resistor and stick it between two wires it's the same thing. I also read you can just unplug something and be done with it.

Can anyone help I'm a bit lost...

I was thinking of something like this:

gallery_4428_747_79599.jpg

You may wanna run what you have now and wait till you can do a tune to put that stuff on. BMC and Brocks Full is gonna really change things.

BMC and Brocks Full is gonna really change things.

I am concerned about power gains but right now and for the next month or two I just can't afford it.
Weight reduction and a better sounding exhaust are pretty nice, will fitting this full system and filter damage my bike without a tune? Or do you recommend I wait only because of performance?

Last edited:
why are you not putting the o2 on? just put it in a good spot not to far down the pipes I am sure you can look at your old one and see where they had it and just pay real close attention to where it would need to go any small welding shop that dioes tig welding will weld a bung on cheap.

Some will tell you that you can run a bike will an aftermarket air filter and full exhaust WITHOUT a tune. The bike runs lean from the factory to pass emissions, mods above will make it LEANer (not good)

my 2 cents: wait and save up.

I'm no expert with what your doing, but I do know those toys you got really change things from stock form. If it were mine, I'd wait till I can do a tune before putting those toys on.

Hopefully someone in the know will give you an answer. :beerchug:

it will go leaner not much with those mods but if it has the o2 on it that will tell the computer its too lean and it in return should richen it out.

the reason they put the o2 sensore on there is for air/fuel mixture control. I am sure there is someone on this site who has already done this?

That looks like a good way of screwing up your bike.???

It wont screw up the bike. If its the proper resistors it just makes the ECU think that the O2 sensor is there and normal. However with the exhaust the air fuel will not change and the bike will run rich/lean because of the exhaust. I dont know which way that goes with exhaust.

You have to get an ECU tune or PCV because blocking off your 02 sensor like i said wont keep your bike from running improperly. Shouldve saved up enough for both :laugh: you dont have much of a choice

It wont screw up the bike. If its the proper resistors it just makes the ECU think that the O2 sensor is there and normal. However with the exhaust the air fuel will not change and the bike will run rich/lean because of the exhaust. I dont know which way that goes with exhaust.

You have to get an ECU tune or PCV because blocking off your 02 sensor like i said wont keep your bike from running improperly. Shouldve saved up enough for both :laugh: you dont have much of a choice

Yup! But what's done is done.

Waiting for an ECU tune, don't see the point of a PCV if you can just tune the ECU AND remove the limiters in one go. Saves me from buying a smart tre too.

Just wanted to say BROCKS offered me $15 for shipping instead of the systems' automatic quote of $80.

Didn't want to tarnish a good name, thanks BROCK, you live up to the hype :-)

Back