NWS... Another reason to wear gear...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, I'm guilty of not having riding pants (still) but I know how big of a risk it is and that jeans do NOTHING for you in a crash. Here's a video that shows how well jeans protect in a get-off.

NWS- Graphic footage of an injury...

OUCH!!!!

damn thats a nice size hole. I think i see some bone
sad.gif

Damn! Exactly why I don't do shid like that. I know, though, that it doesn't take that to fall. I too don't have any riding pants, but after seeing something like that I may reconsider.

yes that's going to need stiches and yes it is going to be sore and yes it is going to take over two months to heal. That is pretty much what my knee looked like when I went down at the end of the year. Dec 30 to be exact and I still have a dime size scab.
wow.gif

I've had a few people that I'm over-doing it with the leathers, but this is an example that will prove them wrong.
wink.gif

I'd rather be "Over-doing it", then be "Done in".
biggrin.gif

Yeah, he shoulda been wearing these... They are pretty comfy, especially when compared to the alternative...
laugh.gif

Ordered_ShinGuards550.jpg

Yup. That's what my knee looked like when I had my accident 17 years ago. And I still don't have leather pants yet. Soon, baby, soon.

As a testament to the leather, however, I did have the leather jacket on at the time and my upper body was completely unscathed, though I was sliding across the pavement on my chest.

Rev, will those stay on in a long slide? It might be worse to have the stripping off you than not have them at all.

--Wag--

and THATS why I wear full gear... it doesn't take much to get hurt on the street... 30 mph can hurt like a mother.
smile.gif

Hey Rev. Where did you find the pull over armor and whats the cost if you don't mind me asking. I ride alot to work and don't like the idea of changing clothes when I get there or when it's time to go home.

It is truly amazing how all of those guys and many of us here have plenty of money for mods for their bike, but don't have enough brains to buy some decent gear to save their own a$$.
rock.gif

And yes I have gear and I do wear it.

They are Icon Field armor. Will they stay on in a long slide? Probably, I dunno. Will they be better than just jeans? Hell yeah, They go on under my jeans, over my socks and tucked into the top of my riding boots. Took some getting used to but they are pretty comfy now and they keep your knees warm. They were $65 from Newenough.
thumbs-up.gif

Best part is you don't have to look all commited when you are riding to work, or just down to the cafe.

yep. no riding pants for me either. i really should get some one of these days.
blush.gif
but, that being said, i wouldn't be stunting like that with no armor on my lower half. i think ya take enough of a chance just riding with no protection on your lower half, let alone stunting. kid didn't look like he minded the hole in his knee, though...he's probably proud of it.
poke.gif

blush.gif
but, that being said, i wouldn't be stunting like that with no armor on my lower half. i think ya take enough of a chance just riding with no protection on your lower half, let alone stunting. kid didn't look like he minded the hole in his knee, though...he's probably proud of it.
poke.gif
The hole in his head is the reason he didn't mind the one in his knee!
wink.gif

blush.gif
poke.gif
The hole in his head is the reason he didn't mind the one in his knee!  
wink.gif
jump9.gif

They are Icon Field armor.  Will they stay on in a long slide?  Probably, I dunno.  Will they be better than just jeans?  Hell yeah,  They go on under my jeans, over my socks and tucked into the top of my riding boots.  Took some getting used to but   they are pretty comfy now and they keep your knees warm.  They were $65 from Newenough.  
thumbs-up.gif

Best part is you don't have to look all commited when you are riding to work, or just down to the cafe.
I just bought a set today, thet do take some getting used to.

I don't think they will come off. They are secure to your leg. Even if they only stay on for 200 out of a 300 foot slide, I'll still come out in better shape.

They will be even more comfy after some wear time and the fabric getting streched a little to fit my "Popeye calves". As my wife puts it.

Well I do very much want riding pants... but am not getting any formy waist size on bikebandit.com
sad.gif
Anyone of you know any other source for plus sized pants...
rock.gif

Back