nuther tranny problem/question

dolilind

Registered
Hey all,
Please help, last couple rides ive noticed something going on with the tranny. Now more noticable since i have this 600 i see how bad it has gotten.

Here's the senerio, shifting from 1rst to second very hard makes a loud clunk/bang if it even goes in. Sometimes it WON'T. The harder your up in the revs the harder it is to shift and get the next gear. Second through 4th is stiff but works with a slight clunk. Top it off it used to slip outta 6th, but has stopped.
Its wierd cause its not the typical busa tranny prob that it falls outta gear in second.

Anyone had this before? I thought maybe shift forks bent? Tranny going bad?

In certain circumstances, my 1st to 2nd shift can be pretty "unsmoothe" to say the least. It clunks pretty bad sometimes. My bike is bone stock with about 5,500 miles.

Sorry my busa had the same problem,1st -2nd bent shift fork and the 1st gear need to be replaced.Stealership charged me about $800.

try blippin the throttle to see if she shifts easier , or try to shift off of the rev limiter, if she goes easier it might be a clutch issue either air in the lines or worn clutch, other than that it probably aint great news

nothing make it shift any better. just normal street riding it becomes a pain in the but. Then when i wanna run it, good luck. Been over all the basics nothing bad there. Must be inside the case somewhere.

Maybe check the shift star and detent arm to make sure everything in there looks good before pulling the motor and tranny.???

Maybe check the shift star and detent arm to make sure everything in there looks good before pulling the motor and tranny.???

That is a great idea. I put my motor back together a few months back and it was popping out of gear. I checked the detent arm and it was not engaging the shift star. I doubt this is your problem, unless you've recently had it off. It's a good idea to check though.

Don't put any force on that tranny you'll hurt in more,drain the oil you'll see tiny metal pieces. Take it apart the parts only cost around $150 good luck.

Back