Numbers With The New Motor

89mustang

Registered
i had a 1441 done over the winter. It's a blast to ride and performed flawlessly at the dragon. I put 250 miles on it down there without a hiccup.

I've been to the track a few times with it this year. I struggled with the front half first 2 outings. I changed out my quick turn throttle for the stock one. That simple change helped my 60's. Then I had some bent steels in the clutch which weren't helping anything. Finally I had to adjust my gearing I started at 17/42 I wasn't sure what to expect. I bumped it up this past weekend to 17/45. That got my 60's back where they were last year. I went a new best of 8.97 with a 1.43 60'! I only got to make a few passes with the new gearing and fixed clutch. I entered a race called "glued" at us41 yesterday. My first ever and I didn't go out first round!

Now I know people have been faster on stock motors. Dennis is one and I'm sure there are plenty of others. This is still a street bike (full rad,oil cooler still on, all brakes are in place, and all stock body work except tail).Once I get some more seat time on the bike and make a couple other changes I'm expecting the bike to run .80's.

I have a JRI shock to put on which should help the 60's even more. Also plan on losing a little weight myself as well as the bike.

$1000 for the boring, pistons, pins, rings using the APE exchange program. Gaskets might be 100-150. You should plan on a buying a gen 1 cylinder also

i had a 1441 done over the winter. It's a blast to ride and performed flawlessly at the dragon. I put 250 miles on it down there without a hiccup.

I've been to the track a few times with it this year. I struggled with the front half first 2 outings. I changed out my quick turn throttle for the stock one. That simple change helped my 60's. Then I had some bent steels in the clutch which weren't helping anything. Finally I had to adjust my gearing I started at 17/42 I wasn't sure what to expect. I bumped it up this past weekend to 17/45. That got my 60's back where they were last year. I went a new best of 8.97 with a 1.43 60'! I only got to make a few passes with the new gearing and fixed clutch. I entered a race called "glued" at us41 yesterday. My first ever and I didn't go out first round!

Now I know people have been faster on stock motors. Dennis is one and I'm sure there are plenty of others. This is still a street bike (full rad,oil cooler still on, all brakes are in place, and all stock body work except tail).Once I get some more seat time on the bike and make a couple other changes I'm expecting the bike to run .80's.

I have a JRI shock to put on which should help the 60's even more. Also plan on losing a little weight myself as well as the bike.

What was your MPH?

I know my first time out with it it went 9.teens with a 1.60 60'.

I know I left a little on the table running it on 93. But I'm planning on adding some nitrous soon. I'll be running c16 for that

What's a build like that cost if I may ask? I can't wait to hit thestrip

It was right around a 6k. It was all done local by a builder here and port tech did the head. I saved money on that. Nothing wrong with the big guys heads but I can drive to both places in under 2 hours

im right around 172 in shorts and 185 suited. I haven't weighed the bike ever. I just added a 24v starting kit to it and a nitrous bottle for my shifter

Congrats! It's nice when stuff starts to come together.

Look at your slips to see if the mph makes sense. Compare the 1/8 mile mph and et, then the 1000 foot et. I found that I had inconsistent mph (off about 4 mph either high or low) until I got a staging disc for the front wheel. My wheel/tire was missing either the first or second mph beam. It happened at the 1/8 and 1/4 lights from time to time.

I'm having a blast so far this year! I've had help from a lot of people. Dennis has helped me quite a bit.

It feels good to finally getting it together. It's only going to get faster from here on out. I need seat time on the new combo for sure.

Back