Number 1 cylinder head flooding

Ogbigboybusa

Registered
My number 1 cylinder head is flooding causing the bike to run only on 3 cylinders all of the others are fine. All of the obvious things have been checked, and I mean everything, except for pulling the head and hoping that I won't have to do. There is also a ticking that's coming from the left side of the engine and it's not an exhaust leak, just wondering if the to issues could be related. Thanks for any input that could help.

check valve clearance. If a exhaust valve is loose.. ticking will be there
t surely will not help. and while you have it apart. swap injectors from1 to 4 and see if the problem moves

My number 1 cylinder head is flooding causing the bike to run only on 3 cylinders all of the others are fine. All of the obvious things have been checked, and I mean everything, except for pulling the head and hoping that I won't have to do. There is also a ticking that's coming from the left side of the engine and it's not an exhaust leak, just wondering if the to issues could be related. Thanks for any input that could help.
First thing to do is to fit a new spark plug to no. 1 coil and test for spark. If no spark, swap out a different coil(working) to no. 1 to test the signal at the coil connector plug.
If the spark is ok, then compression test no. 1 cylinder.
If compression is low, perform a cylinder leakage test to determine where the compression leakage is at.
If compression is good fit the new (working) plug and fire it up.
If still running on 3 it's time to test the injector and the injector pulse at the connector plug.
Simply a process of elimination, working backwards from the external components, through to the control system components.

Thanks guys as I stated everything externally has been checked changed and tested. I just need to know where and what to look for internally

OK, so have you done the compression test and the cyl leak-down test?
If that's all ok, then change the no.1 injector for one you know for certain is good.

Back