Nudder CL add scam gone wrong... cant wait to see the reply

riccoh

Registered
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 16:20:20 -0500
Subject: Re: ****2006 Harley Sporster 1200 - $5500 (honolulu)
To: ricco291@msn.com

i'm a am a chief at sea and i will love to buy this item.i want to be the best offer by adding $100 to your money then keep other offers off,where i am i don't have access to my bank account and i have access to my paypal account.I insisted on paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank account attached to it, i will need you to give me your paypal email address so i can make the payments asap for the item and if you don't have paypal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to http://www.paypal.com and get it set
up , after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with paypal so as to put the money through. I have a pick up agent that will come and pick the item up after i have made the payment. Get back to me in time.

-----------------------------------------------------------
my reply:

Really you are a Chief at Sea,

In that case you are in luck my brother, what SHIP are you on?

I'm a Chief as well an work on the Surface Combatant Staff, most likely will recognize each other as I have spent the last 3 1/2 years doing daily visits for my 11 SHIPS. As you know Staff, I can wait until you pull in as I have the schedule for the only two SHIPS out at SEA and can meet you on the pier when you get back in. Just let me know, on which of my two SHIPS you are now and I can meet you at the pier no need for a dealer service.
Navy Chief Navy PRIDE

PS,
of the two ships I have at sea, only one allows you to use your .GMAIL account, and the sad part is that I was on the pier this morning welcoming her back.

I hate those scammers. Its to the point now that you can't list any big ticket items on eBay or Craig’s list without getting tons of these responses. Great job with the reply!!

Holy crap what happens next........... waiting..... i bet if he is not a chief hes peeing in his pants right now:laugh:

:rofl:
"learning to speak better the english in order to scamming" is the name of my new book- do you think it will sell??

Serious offer I make you,and my,ship,is turned away? I very want your item in time to be on the sea. Happy times :laugh:

That's my guess for a reply. :thumbsup:

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Wonder what he can do with your paypal addy??

Kind of what I was wondering...not much info to go on without a mass attack on the PW with at least an edjucated guess to start with...UNLESS he can obtain enough info to get it reset somehow.

I'd like to know exactly where he was going with that also~!~

It's pretty obvious he's a scammer. That guy is clearly not in the (regular) Navy; you can tell just by the quality of Engrish he's using.
He could be a Marine, though. Eh, Russell? :poke: :laugh:

It's pretty obvious he's a scammer. That guy is clearly not in the (regular) Navy; you can tell just by the quality of Engrish he's using.

BAAAAHAHAH SO FUNNY! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah beat me up for one grammatical error... funny guy you are.... :punch: :laugh:

Whats terrible though is I have found out just exactly how bad most marines are at grammar and spelling... Someone asked me how to spell something the other day. It was some clearly obvious word and I wanted to hit him over the head with something :duh:

Ill try to think of it...

Wonder what he can do with your paypal addy??

Same here :dunno:

"learning to speak better the english in order to scamming" is the name of my new book- do you think it will sell??

:lol: If you went global I think it would be a hit.

Serious offer I make you,and my,ship,is turned away? I very want your item in time to be on the sea. Happy times :laugh:

That's my guess for a reply.
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

:lol:
herro2.jpg

BAAAAHAHAH SO FUNNY! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah beat me up for one grammatical error... funny guy you are.... :punch: :laugh:

Whats terrible though is I have found out just exactly how bad most marines are at grammar and spelling... Someone asked me how to spell something the other day. It was some clearly obvious word and I wanted to hit him over the head with something :duh:

Ill try to think of it...

*Giggles*

Was it "dog"? Or "cat"? Maybe it was "gun"? :poke: :p

Don't worry, though: no matter how dumb some of them are, they'd still be smarter than the average Australian policeman. Man, those guys are retarded. Example: "He got into he's car." I have actually seen a PC write that in a Statement.

there was an undercover tv show awhile back showing people in these chitho|e countries who hang at these internet-bars. they just send countless emails with the hope that just one scam will work. much of this comes from nigeria, but certainly it comes from all over.

UPDATE***
He refuse to tell me the ship name(go figure) and continue to push the issue with Paypal and the dealer service, so I offer to give him a 500 cash discount and I'm willing to give it to his dealer when he comes to pick up the bike. I just needed a thumb print attached this pic and a few others from my last life fire demo:laugh::laugh:

Ultra Shear.jpg

cg65_wide.jpg

P4080035.jpg

SIMILAR CASE, pulled off internets, someone requested the email associated with a paypal account

100% scam, you are correct.

There is no buyer.

There is only a scammer trying to steal your hard-earned money.

The next email will be from another of the scammer's fake names and free email addresses pretending to be "paypal" saying the money is "pending" and "will be released as soon as the shipping agent is paid". Then another fake email pretending to be from the "car shipping agent" will demand you immediately withdrawal the paypal money or simply send your own cash pay for "shipping costs" and send it only by Western Union or moneygram. Paypal does NOT send emails demanding you send cash or tracking numbers in order for the "funds to be released".

Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will not bother to check ID and will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what store location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

Now that you have responded to a scammer, you are on his 'potential sucker' list, he will try again to separate you from your cash. He will send you more emails from his other free email addresses using another of his fake names with all kinds of stories of being the perfect buyer, great jobs, lottery winnings, millions in the bank and desperate, lonely, sexy singles. He will sell your email address to all his scamming buddies who will also send you dozens of fake emails all with the exact same goal, you sending them your cash via Western Union or moneygram.

You could post up the email address and the emails themselves that the scammer is using, it will help make your post more googlable for other suspicious potential victims to find when looking for information.

Do you know how to check the header of a received email? If not, you could google for information. Being able to read the header to determine the geographic location an email originated from will help you weed out the most obvious scams and scammers. Then delete and block that scammer. Don't bother to tell him that you know he is a scammer, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, website addresses, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

If you google "fake car shipping scam", "western union shipping fraud" or something similar you will find hundreds of posts of victims and near victims of this type of scam.

Yes, you are correct, the fact that the buyer sent such vague emails is a HUGE red flag. Scammers never read the actual ad and just send the same stock copy/paste email to everyone selling everything in c_raigslist and ebay. Scammers always call what you are selling "item" or "this". Only after a few more emails might the scammer call what you are selling by name as he doesn't care what you are selling, he only wants your cash sent to him by accepting a fake paypal transfer or cash a large fake check.

The request for pictures is the scammer attempting to use your truck to steal other people's cash. Scammers love to steal pictures of vehicles for sale, collect real VIN#s and then "sell" your vehicle to hundreds of victims for the next decade. Scammers will also sell the pictures and information to their buddies who will also post ads all over to "sell" your truck to more victims.

Are you pictures w_atermarked or hosted remotely?

i have had scammers try and swindle me as well. I love how they all say they are god fearing and can't receive mail where they are at, don' t have a cell phone, yada yada yada. geesh, I told one of them that if they put half the effort into a real job they would maybe amount to something.

Back