Now we have two Birds of Prey

Ranger

Registered
This was my sons/family x-mas present. It's a 14 week old Umbrella Cockatoo (the kind Barretta had if you remember that show). This is our first large bird and I have to say these things are awesome. Very smart, talks already and very playful. She's almost like a lap dog too, really cool.

DSCF0073.JPG

Had birds as pets as a kid and found them to be pretty cool. Ultimately, would like to get a parrot but not anytime soon.
ThumbsUp.gif

In the first pic, thats not a good place for the bird, might poop. I love birds, had Emu and Rheas once a long time ago, now there is a bird you don't want to poop on your bike.

In the first pic, thats not a good place for the bird, might poop. I love birds, had Emu and Rheas once a long time ago, now there is a bird you don't want to poop on your bike.
Forgot to mention, she's potty trained, when she needs to pinch a loaf, she'll wiggle her tail, then we just hold her over the garbage can or put her in her cage to do her business. You gotta watch for that tail though, some times we miss the que and get a nice plop on the floor..
laugh.gif
Is that cool or what?

Very nice bird
beerchug.gif
but would not last 1 week in
my house with my 4 year old he may need a
buzzard or something
bowdown.gif

Very cool bird. We've had a couple African Greys, they sure are smart little buggers. Like having a 3 year old forever.

Nice Umbrella, but Fred was a Triton Cockatoo, not an umbrella IIRC. I've raised several of the family, umbrella, lesser and greater sulfur crested, Moluccan and Galah, as well as African Grey Congo's and a Blue & Gold Macaw. Enjoy the addition. Be careful as many of the larger birds tend to become sexist as they mature, preferring not to be handled by either male or female. Millet spray is a fantastic treat for them, as well as Macadamia nuts (very hard shell takes them a while to get open but rewarding for them).

Back