Now this is what I'm talking about!

nothing will get you in shape for time on the bike more than lots of time in the seat, start with shorter rides and work your way up...one of the most important things is to keep your muscles loose before they start hurting...once they start tightening up and burning, it's too late to do anything about it

i rotate flexing my legs, rear, shoulders, back, etc. every 15-20 minutes or so on longer rides, this keeps the blood flowing through them and they don't start cramping up...i've found that after about 600-700 miles, everything just goes numb and you don't have to worry about it any more :thumbsup:

Yep, that is the secret, ride thru the pain and get to the numb stage, then all is well. :laugh:

If you are doing a distance run, you must check out the link in my signature. There is no way I would even consider a long ride without true cruise control. Throttle lock is nice, but not like the exact/constant speed that true cruise control can offer.

I use it on a daily basis and it makes my 120 mile round trip commute so much easier and enjoyable. Also, my MPG went up because I am not constantly adjusting the throttle.

Nice but there's two problems with that. One is I have a gen 1 and the other is it looks beyond my skill level! :laugh:

If you are doing a distance run, you must check out the link in my signature. There is no way I would even consider a long ride without true cruise control. Throttle lock is nice, but not like the exact/constant speed that true cruise control can offer.

I use it on a daily basis and it makes my 120 mile round trip commute so much easier and enjoyable. Also, my MPG went up because I am not constantly adjusting the throttle.

OK so it's taken me forever but I'm finally getting around to testing and fitting the beast out. My set up isn't as pretty as most but it works. One problem I'm having is my saddle bags are rubbing the paint off! Anybody else having this problem?

la3.jpg

Yeah that bag is huge but when I get to my hotel/motel all I gotta do is take it off and ROLL it into my room! :laugh:
la2.jpg

A view from the rear
la1.jpg

Also one thing I have found that helped me is when stopping for gas bathroom or food don't sit. You were just sitting for 2hrs so when you stop stand walk and stretch. This has helped me out a bunch but then again I'm 5'7" so the busa is like a limo to me:D

Back