Now this is what I call CLOSE CALL

SHOCKED.gif
I know he had to change his undies!!

That guy can ride, that's why he didn't die. His wisdom to be acting like that in the first place is questionable, but his skills are definitely above average.

(Mr Brown @ Sep. 26 2006,21:58) That guy can ride, that's why he didn't die. His wisdom to be acting like that in the first place is questionable, but his skills are definitely above average.
I thought the same thing when he decided to go left instead of right. But, he still did not set up for the corner and that is what got him in the bad situation in the first place.

(Shanling @ Sep. 26 2006,21:00) I thought the same thing when he decided to go left instead of right. But, he still did not set up for the corner and that is what got him in the bad situation in the first place.
He seemed to set up okay, he just went in too hot. Did you see the speedo? I agree on the left move, indecision or trying to pull right would have cost him......

(Mr Brown @ Sep. 26 2006,22:11)
(Shanling @ Sep. 26 2006,21:00) I thought the same thing when he decided to go left instead of right. But, he still did not set up for the corner and that is what got him in the bad situation in the first place.
He seemed to set up okay, he just went in too hot. Did you see the speedo? I agree on the left move, indecision or trying to pull right would have cost him......
Yeah, I saw the speedo. He was trying to peel off the speed. I consider speed part of your setup for the corner. But that decision to go left...wow! Think how many riders would have tried just a little harder to go right and laid the bike down in front of that truck! Oops!

(Shanling @ Sep. 26 2006,21:15) Yeah, I saw the speedo. He was trying to peel off the speed. I consider speed part of your setup for the corner. But that decision to go left...wow! Think how many riders would have tried just a little harder to go right and laid the bike down in front of that truck! Oops!
It was a 25 or 35 mph turn, he realized he was in trouble and was still doing 60+
You are right, speed is part of the setup, his skills and upside down forks saved his ass. Conventional forks and he's through.

That was freaky!

Good move to save himself! Bad move that got him into trouble in the first place...

I cant believe nothing touched the side of that first car for sure a thinking rider but he should of thought harder about how hot he was gett'in on the turn....there was a bike up ahead of him so maybe he was pushing it trying make ground...i also saw alot of tar snakes on the road, on hot days those puppys are slick ass sh1t.

You cant tell from the tank view, but I think he could have pushed right more, the set up for the turn was all wrong and started getting worse as soon as the rider was in the turn. All I can say is
SHOCKED.gif
its better to be lucky than good.

I don't know where it was filmed. I came across it on another forum.

I thought that he did catch some of the car. Seemed like there was some bumping or rubbing going on to me.

Sorry Psychobusa, I should have known you had seen it before...
wink.gif

Back