Now this is what I call CLOSE CALL

SHOCKED.gif
and
bowdown.gif

(Shanling @ Sep. 27 2006,03:31) I don't know where it was filmed. I came across it on another forum.

Quoted from the web page ~

"First of all, I have to thank GOD to be here creating this post.

I was rinding yesterday on the Los Angeles Crest highway, known to be very dangerous and causings a lot of accidents.
Everything was just fine for over 20 minutes, then in a split of a second I lost my concentration and crossed the double yellow line going head-on to the incoming traffic.
Thank GOD I manage to avoid all cars going to the other side of the highway!!!!"

-Ed

I had a guy do that on a zx-10 when he was trying to keep up with me on a high speed sweeper. Turn went right, after a high speed left. I set up for it, he didn't. He went through the median, down the hill and to the other side of the highway. He came back up the hill and gave me a pound. I just laughed but I was glad he was ok.

as I always tell folks that want to get a bike for the first time....it is reflexes that will save your azz in most cases. common sense in other cases. He had good presence of mind to cross all lanes and head where he did.

i bet he learned a lot on that day....

Scary s***. I wonder what the cagers were thinking, "yeh honey, saw another biker get smoked today on the ride home." Glad he's ok.

cheese balled an easy corner... just F'ng lucky he kept his head together.

listen for the decel IN the corner, makes for the double yellow drift. NOT a good thing.

Don't see any Special skills at all... Accept to serve as a "WHAT NOT TO DO" poster... Seems Brain Fade led to Survival responses and target fixation. Blew the hell outta that corner and that takes no skill at all, just a healthy dose of luck.

Good that there weren't any crunchy noises though, and everyone screws up.

Target fixation, yeah, but you could definitely tell when he kicked the fixation and managed to dodge between the cars. Definitely a lot of luck but also good dose of skill to come out of a serious error alive.

Lucky - That road is very bumpy - Sand, gravel hot tar - all bad.  Because of stunts like that the rode is just about unrideable.

Did anyone else think that he scraped the car? I thought he did and just trying to see if anyone else thinsk so too.

(84NinjaDreamin @ Sep. 27 2006,19:04) What about those fuggin yellow stripes.  He's lucky he wasn't at full lean capacity before hitting them!
Yeah, I heard those lines had some sort of special meaning. Now, what was that again.... Oh yeah! Now, I remember! Those two yellow lines set close together separates the two opposing lanes from each other!

Lucky guess saved his life.

Back