Now it’s easy to check the air pressure

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
My new Z900RS has very short and straight valve stems that make it nearly impossible to check the air pressure due to the wheel design so I found these. I suppose they could stay on but I wouldn’t do it. They’re light and easy to screw on and off and they make it very easy to check the air. I may get angled stems when I need new tires but these are really a nice and easy attachment until then.
934C6E3B-D809-4BCA-9B3B-1F59EF1970C4.jpeg

My new Z900RS has very short and straight valve stems that make it nearly impossible to check the air pressure due to the wheel design so I found these. I suppose they could stay on but I wouldn’t do it. They’re light and easy to screw on and off and they make it very easy to check the air. I may get angled stems when I need new tires but these are really a nice and easy attachment until then.View attachment 1589200
Kawasaki likes to make it hard to check and air up tires. My concours14 is a pain and I can run 90’ valves like on the busa, due to the pressure sensors, so I carry one of those in my tank bag. I, like you, don’t trust them enough to leave them on there all the time.

One thing I carry in a service kit is a 12" schrader valve rubber extension that is brass on each end . Not so much for me as running 90's on both front tires of wife's / my bikes . Its a great tool for using a compressor as it gives you room to work away from wheel once connected by threads / seal . They are cheap on e bay just a few bucks . another trick on many bikes is route your air hose through brake rotor opening to get a straight shot to valve stem .

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337943218&icep_item=322858822752

I’ve had them FOBO tpms sensors for a while but never installed them. Finally when I got my tires replaced on my H-D figured I might as well throw em on and see how well they work. I got the FOBO metal t-valve stems to go with em.

Must say I’m actually impressed with how they turned out. For anyone that has a H-D Bagger it’s an absolute PITA to check the rear tire unless I have it on the lift. Proper tire pressure on a 900lb+ sled is a must. Now all I have to do is turn on my Bluetooth and sync with my phone to see tire pressure and temperature
FOBO-Bluetooth-TPMS-02.jpg

Reactions: c10
They’re pretty cheap and they’re brass too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072WMZDFF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
One thing I carry in a service kit is a 12" schrader valve rubber extension that is brass on each end . Not so much for me as running 90's on both front tires of wife's / my bikes . Its a great tool for using a compressor as it gives you room to work away from wheel once connected by threads / seal . They are cheap on e bay just a few bucks . another trick on many bikes is route your air hose through brake rotor opening to get a straight shot to valve stem .

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337943218&icep_item=322858822752

I’ve had one of those for a while for the Busa in case I had to add air or c02 to fix a flat on the road. Checking the air on the front wheel with those huge rotors is a real pain w/o one.

Reactions: c10
My new Z900RS has very short and straight valve stems that make it nearly impossible to check the air pressure due to the wheel design so I found these. I suppose they could stay on but I wouldn’t do it. They’re light and easy to screw on and off and they make it very easy to check the air. I may get angled stems when I need new tires but these are really a nice and easy attachment until then.View attachment 1589200

They can Not stay on.
Not only will they noticeably throw off the tire balance, but they will eventually pull the rubber stems out of the wheel.
The stems can't handle the weight at speed.
Very dangerous to leave on, even if you could stand the unbalanced tires.:beerchug:

I had 90 degree valve stems put on at my last tire change and still have trouble getting around the damned front rotor(also have one of those 90 degree brass ones I used with stock stems,helped some but still not ideal).:crazy:

I had a set of medal 90* ones installed. Love them, also notice that anytime I'm checking pressure its usually where I left it. Makes me think these don't leak air as much as the rubber stem and plastic cap.

Back