Now I know why people hire Mexicans

I had a strange dream last night about being hired to clear debris from a person's large backyard. The house had a white fence all the way around the perimeter with lots of trees and patchy grass. There was a volvo 240 in the driveway with black alloy wheels.

Strange...

Lots of trees a fence but it is a privacy fence not white, and I dont know what she drives, he car is always in the garage. And yes very patchy grass.. But the question is did you get the job done?

I just remember taking a green plastic rake and going to work. As I reached one corner of the property, a man showed up and took over. He was using a machine to pick up the litter. I was disappointed that he turned me away. :laugh:

occasionally i gotta bag up leaves.
it makes the job much easier to fill a large can with leaves, then invert and transfer to a bag.
the whole on the knees stuffing a bag sucks

You have to remember that what you were paying that one guy to do that who yard is where 3-5 spanish guys would be working and have the yard done in no time. Comparing 1 person to a small team of guys is crazy. There's alot of Americans out there that would've done that yard no problem.

Another thing, the illegals may do more work cheap but do NOTHING for this country. I see it first hand all throughout wherever I go. They put nothing back into the US. Local resturaunts close from no business, yet the little mexican food trucks are everywhere. Crime has skyrocketed and home invasions are on the rise.
Don't tell me they have no money, as almost every other driveway has a brand new pickup truck in it. No stock trucks either, the $65K custom conversion F150's or Silverado's. That's what not paying taxes can do for you.

Frankly it disgusts me.

Did I mention the trash everywhere? You could sit in my front yard and watch them drive by and just toss garbage out the window of their cars. Nice.

Last edited:
Another thing, the illegals may do more work cheap but do NOTHING for this country. I see it first hand all throughout wherever I go. They put nothing back into the US.

That's what not paying taxes can do for you.

You are wrong but I am not going to turn this into one of THOSE threads.

Hard work is not something kids understand these days. When I was in high school I worked for a guy who built and serviced swimming pools. All spring break I would drain and acid wash pools. Hard work but I would make 300-400 bucks in 5 days. That was good. I worked almost every weekend in school and all through college. I never got told to do it I just did it because I wanted money. Kids just are not motivated like that, mine included.

So very true man! Offered my 17 year old stepson $20 bucks to sweep the garage and he said "no thanks" and went back on the comp.

Come Saturday he wants to go snowboarding so it's "mommy, I need $60!" and naturally, 'mommy' coughs-up the dough... and she wonders why I call her an enabler.

So very true man! Offered my 17 year old stepson $20 bucks to sweep the garage and he said "no thanks" and went back on the comp.

Come Saturday he wants to go snowboarding so it's "mommy, I need $60!" and naturally, 'mommy' coughs-up the dough... and she wonders why I call her an enabler.

Yep...same thing happens here too. And because the boys live with me the ex gives them money because she feels guilty.

I offerd my 16 year old 40 bucks to pick up the little cones we use, in between exercises while I was teaching the MSF course. When not picking up cones he could hang out at the Harley Shop. Did he do it, nope. Does he want money for this and that, yep. Will he get it? Not from me.

That is the exact reason why people don't learn how to earn by working. Handouts stopped very early for me. I was paying for my clothes and necessities in my early teens with part time job income.

That is the exact reason why people don't learn how to earn by working. Handouts stopped very early for me. I was paying for my clothes and necessities in my early teens with part time job income.

had a conversation with some recently about our economy and what if it crashes for real... We decided it would not be all bad actually. Hardship never really hurt anyone..

Kids will learn that everything is not free.. parents that have dumped gobs of money and possessions on their kids are going to be guilty of ruining their lives.. :whistle: (that is when junior figures out he has no work ethic and little hope of ever having one) Kids need to cry, be mad, do without and just have flat out miserable days to learn about life and how to cope with adversity..

Pseudo rich over indulging parents seem to think they are doing their kids a favor by providing every single need.. I think nothing is farther from the truth.. not only is there little or no appreciation for the finer things of life but an expectation of always having a newer car, cell phone or even their home paid for..

I have a dark side that likes to see this happen I suppose..

The average American spends way too much money (self included) Take a look around you at all the useless garbage you have.. overindulgence is a way of life here.. (also the root of a big part of our problems). It will self correct eventually but it is going to suck..

this is the only country in the world that will let you buy a home without any money.. (in the middle east, you are only allowed to borrow around 10% of the homes value.. if you do not have the money? you do not get a home)

Last edited:
had a conversation with some recently about our economy and what if it crashes for real... We decided it would not be all bad actually. Hardship never really hurt anyone..

Kids will learn that everything is not free.. parents that have dumped gobs of money and possessions on their kids are going to be guilty of ruining their lives.. :whistle: (that is when junior figures out he has no work ethic and little hope of ever having one) Kids need to cry, be mad, do without and just have flat out miserable days to learn about life and how to cope with adversity..

Pseudo rich over indulging parents seem to think they are doing their kids a favor by providing every single need.. I think nothing is farther from the truth.. not only is there little or no appreciation for the finer things of life but an expectation of always having a newer car, cell phone or even their home paid for..

I have a dark side that likes to see this happen I suppose..

The average American spends way too much money (self included) Take a look around you at all the useless garbage you have.. overindulgence is a way of life here.. (also the root of a big part of our problems). It will self correct eventually but it is going to suck..

this is the only country in the world that will let you buy a home without any money.. (in the middle east, you are only allowed to borrow around 10% of the homes value.. if you do not have the money? you do not get a home)

This is an answer I would have loved in my recent financial lifestyle thread. I feel the same way. I say level the playing field and make people learn the value of a hard earned dollar. Even with my youth work experience, I can't say I really labored very hard but I was kept busy. My jobs once away from my father's business were retail, amusement park and grocery bagger. There was no lawn care, waiting tables or paper routes. My folks came from a different culture that they expected to project onto me.
I would like to think that my future children will not be required to work jobs unless they are not motivated in school. A's and B's along with chores will get them things they need and a few luxuries. Anything less will get them looking for a way to make some money for themselves.

You have to remember that what you were paying that one guy to do that who yard is where 3-5 spanish guys would be working and have the yard done in no time. Comparing 1 person to a small team of guys is crazy. There's alot of Americans out there that would've done that yard no problem.

Another thing, the illegals may do more work cheap but do NOTHING for this country. I see it first hand all throughout wherever I go. They put nothing back into the US. Local resturaunts close from no business, yet the little mexican food trucks are everywhere. Crime has skyrocketed and home invasions are on the rise.
Don't tell me they have no money, as almost every other driveway has a brand new pickup truck in it. No stock trucks either, the $65K custom conversion F150's or Silverado's. That's what not paying taxes can do for you.

Frankly it disgusts me.

Did I mention the trash everywhere? You could sit in my front yard and watch them drive by and just toss garbage out the window of their cars. Nice.

please do some research, before trying to spew the same tired racist propaganda.

those fancy cars the mexican drive...were made somewhere.

those fancy custom parts the add to them....were made somewhere.

those little taco trucks...all pay taxes, all pay license fees and registraction and local business permits.

hell, even those here illegally use fake/stolen SS numbers or tax ID numbers to gain employment. that means they do pay taxes, and don't get money back like "white people".

i am in no way a supporter of illegal immigration, and you would like to have a conversation about we can. you would first however need to read a bit and learn some things first.

thank you for adding absolutely nothing to this conversation.

Wow this thread is taking a twist.. And to think I just wanted some leaves raked!
I am going to get a bunch of strippers to start mowing lawns myself... I liked the idea.. :laugh: (they pay a lot less taxes than the Hispanics I can assure you)

I am going to get a bunch of strippers to start mowing lawns myself... I liked the idea.. :laugh: (they pay a lot less taxes than the Hispanics I can assure you)

every stripper i ever dated had a drawer full of money....that the bank, the IRS, the state and even the manager of the strip club never new they had...

There is one other group that pays even less taxes than strippers however...

(hint: they are usually elected to office or run the treasury) :whistle: :rofl:

Back