Now I know why people hire Mexicans

That wasnt directed at you...Im saying that society as a whole is lazy and that is passed on to the next generation.

That wasnt directed at you...Im saying that society as a whole is lazy and that is passed on to the next generation.

Not all, but most...I was talking to my neighbor at the bus stop and she said her two girls are lazy ad want everything handed to them, while her son is the complete opposite and goes above and beyond....I think some of it has to do with the personality of the kid.

Mexicans work for cheap and they do good work. They're always day labors waiting out in front of the seven eleven's here. I use to work with a guy that got some to help him flip a house. He got like five hundred thousand out of the deal so it wasn't a small house.

Taking into account what these people went through to get to the states, they already possess a higher level of persistence and discipline. The undocumented worker is highly motivated, he/she is hungry unlike the typical easy street American. The laborer knows that nobody is going to finance his lifestyle but himself. The concept of honor in hard work is a key component of the Mexican culture. No work is unacceptable or below an honest Mexican. The people you see standing in front of home depot are the ones that wanted work so badly that they journeyed for days and walked countless miles across hostile environments just to find it.
Who do you know, raised exclusively American, that can tell you a story like that ?

I would agree that many parents had over way to many of lives luxuries without any of the work it took to get them..

Entitlement seems to be the norm... you get out what you put in is not the case.. take take take and whine whine whine when it has to be earned.. I think it is great you see this before you have kids myself...

You will raise a leader I hope :)

Not a leader but I will raise a Respectable American Citizen that will have positive input toward society....

while i appreciate the points you are all making.....to say "all mexicans or all illegals....or all anything " is racist. the reason you see them working hard is, these are the guys that busted thier asses to get here, they have to hustle because they are easy to replace and they really need the money.

if you look at most immigrants, that is the case.....but the longer they are here, each generation becomes more americanized....less hungry 3rd and 4th generation mexican citizens are just as hard working or lazy as thier other white,black contemporaries....

there are hard workers from all races, what you has less to do with race and more to do with economic situation

Living in AZ. I have seen Mexicans work hard and the work is nice, but then again I watched them build a house a cross the street, and lets just say all I needed was a beer, a chair and some sun screen and I was set to watch the show. :laugh:

Living in AZ. I have seen Mexicans work hard and the work is nice, but then again I watched them build a house a cross the street, and lets just say all I needed was a beer, a chair and some sun screen and I was set to watch the show. :laugh:
Any Texan or Zonie is going to have a unique view I think...we grew up with the Mexican immigrant (and I did not know but a few "legals")

How many families can you fit into a 1000Sq ft house? (I have seen 8)

Any Texan or Zonie is going to have a unique view I think...we grew up with the Mexican immigrant (and I did not know but a few "legals")

How many families can you fit into a 1000Sq ft house? (I have seen 8)

in the house?

or in the trailers, campers or tents parked on the premises as well?

in so-cal you can buy an old trailer, or an old motorhome tha cannot pass smog for pennies...park in the driveway and run an extension cord to it from the house....viola, instant room addition.

Im just pretty pissed off that I have to be out there tomorrow after working my regualr job raking leaves in the rain. If i had known this was gonna happen I would have done it Sunday when it was nice out. Oh well I bid the job I am gonna do it.
And learned a valuable lesson. If you want it done right do it yourself. Sucks about the rain though but sounds like you are trying to do what you tell people you will do. That will keep you customers. Try getting a leaf picker upper to pull behind your lawnmower. They work pretty good.

I learned that lesson moving from Missouri, small town one Mexican family one Asian family. You know King of the Hill type place. Well moved to San Diego. I was amazed that you have ten able body Americans begging for money on a corner, drive a block away to Home Depot you are beating Mexicans out of the back of the truck that want to come and work. If you come here work hard want to live the American dream more on ya.

I got the Best Landscaper taking care of my Shop. His name is Gill. A Forty Something Year Old White Man who has a Landscaping Business with his Son. They do a Great Job. On the Other Hand I have Hired Young Mexican People to work for me. My Experiance was that they Constantly Needed Supervision. They would talk **** about me in Spanish (They Thought I did'nt Speak Spanish) then Just the Minimum to get by. They worked Hard if you were constantly on there ARSE. I don't know................I guess it's all about Character and Work Ethic No Matter what Nationality you are..........:2cents:

I had a strange dream last night about being hired to clear debris from a person's large backyard. The house had a white fence all the way around the perimeter with lots of trees and patchy grass. There was a volvo 240 in the driveway with black alloy wheels.

Strange...

Back