Now here is some total Horse Power

MET

The Watcher
Registered
She is waiting for some more new HP. See you soon my love
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mike, Was that the reason for you trip all the way to South Fla. So you could drop off your bike at TDC and have some more work done to it. You da man Mike you da man.
jump9.gif

How much HP are you getting now? And how much do you want? The bike already looks like it is capable of 225+ mph.

wow.gif

Hey Mike, Was that the reason for you trip all the way to South Fla. So you could drop off your bike at TDC and have some more work done to it. You da man Mike you da man.
jump9.gif
No I am starting to keep the bike down South for th winter these days. Try to get down once or twice a month. I hope to keep some sanity this way. i have rode for a couple years on and off with the South Fl. gang (TDC), and they really know there stuff. When I come back North I have a couple of guys up here.

How much HP are you getting now?  And how much do you want?  The bike already looks like it is capable of 225+ mph.

wow.gif
Close but not 225mph. Start to need huge HP gains to compensate for the resistance. However it should do about 218mph top, and about 213 in the 9/10's. i don't think that i would want to exceed 300hp, after that my opinion is it is not street worthy. You can notice that I do not lower my bike, i do this for the same reason. I enjoy the ride.

The mod is 5 minutes. TRE or ATRE. It eliminates the top end restrictions without changing the performance in a negative way. Some put a switch on the TRE so they can go back and forth. $50 average. If you are good with electronic you can make one. or have a shop make you one and install for about $25.

Man.. is that exhaust not intolerably loud while your riding?

Do you lower it for top speed runs and un-lower for normal riding?

Man.. is that exhaust not intolerably loud while your riding?

Do you lower it for top speed runs and un-lower for normal riding?
Actually no louder then loud cans. the turbo works like a muffler of sorts. i do not lower the bike others ahve lowered theirs. Still gets way up there with out lowereing at this point.

ahh.. I didn't realize they would do something like that.. Looks cool .

I was just reading where you were talking about wind resistance and figured lowering it would get rid of some of the problem.

Stupid me, I just realized that 4 other Busas are not in the picture, Thus the name TOTAL hP in the tread. Oh well I must have got carried away with my bike.
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, I think I wil stick with the real fast version Black/Silve with a ting of Green.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Ninja Eater, I agree with just about everything you said concerning the TRE. However it does rob 3 to 4 hp in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear. This is the reason for the toggle switch. I read about this ob Brock's site and tried it for myself on a buddies Dyno. I am one of those guys you gotta show me.

Ninja Eater, I agree with just about everything you said concerning the TRE.  However it does rob 3 to 4 hp in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear.  This is the reason for the toggle switch.  I read about this ob Brock's site and tried it for myself on a buddies Dyno.  I am one of those guys you gotta show me.
How does it rob hp if it advances the timing and gives it more low-end power? Does it hinder the high rpm range? I don't see how it would rob hp's.?.

I don't think it is robbing HP, just distributing different.  I also do not think that it is in 1st 2nd and 3rd, however I am not sure on that one.  

I will ask the guys at TDC.

I don't think it is robbing HP, just distributing different.  I also do not think that it is in 1st 2mnd and 3rd, however I am not sure on that one.  

I will ask the guys at TDC.
Thanks Mike. Let me first say thanks for the good unintentional humor I get reading your posts. You always misspell a word, and in this case, you even EDITED your post and still left one for us. Thanks, buddy.
biggrin.gif

Now on to this TRE thingy.. when I did mine, I noticed a substantial difference in the lower 3 gears. All the way to the top of the rpm range. Although it has been cooler since the mod, I have found ways to let it loose and I felt the difference. I will wait for the official "tecnician's" view before my judgment can be swayed.

all_coholic.gif

Back