Note to self (and others)

masterblaster

Registered
If you buy frame sliders install them before you drop the bike. Adjusted the shifter to stop it from hitting the kickstand, bike was on rear lift, checked the clearance of the shifter then dropped bike off rear stand. Yep, the kickstand was up, bike went down, slight scratches on the lower part of the faring, rubbed out pretty good but not perfect. Looked over on my bench and there they were, the sliders that came in the mail a week before. Cautionary tale, when you get sliders for a new bike go ahead and install them before you do anything else, also keep the KS down when the bike is up on the stands.

Sincerely, Dumass Award winner

ouch.. I know that must've hurt.. glad nothing was broken and needs replacing. :banghead:

you saw the bike going on its side and you didnt jump under it to save it??? :corner:

If you buy frame sliders install them before you drop the bike. Adjusted the shifter to stop it from hitting the kickstand, bike was on rear lift, checked the clearance of the shifter then dropped bike off rear stand. Yep, the kickstand was up, bike went down, slight scratches on the lower part of the faring, rubbed out pretty good but not perfect. Looked over on my bench and there they were, the sliders that came in the mail a week before. Cautionary tale, when you get sliders for a new bike go ahead and install them before you do anything else, also keep the KS down when the bike is up on the stands.

Trust me on this one - you don't get the Dumass Award for this year :whistle:

I'm on my 3rd set of T-Rex sliders and they have saved me a ton of dough replacing plastic.

It's called "insult to injury." It only hurts when you think about it. Fortunately, you're in good company! :(

Thanks for the reminder. I normally have the kick stand down when removing it from the rear race stand.

I bet you won't do that again. Experience is a hard teacher because you get the test first, the lesson afterwards. :laugh:

I guess I got it for this week also because I dropped my Busa a couple of days ago also and the funny thing about it is I don't even know how I did it. :pullhair:

im about to finally buy some trex sliders... hope they are the right choice in sliders for me.. i like the no cuts

masterblaster,
been there, done that but mine hurt REALLY, REALLY bad.....Tipped my old 01 in the driveway while I was washing it in preparation for a prospective buyer to arrive. :banghead: And the sliders were right next to it since I was planning to install it after the bath. :banghead::banghead:

masterblaster,
been there, done that but mine hurt REALLY, REALLY bad.....Tipped my old 01 in the driveway while I was washing it in preparation for a prospective buyer to arrive. :banghead: And the sliders were right next to it since I was planning to install it after the bath. :banghead::banghead:

So did you sell it to that prospective buyer?
If not, how much damage control did it take to get it ready to sell again?

So did you sell it to that prospective buyer?
If not, how much damage control did it take to get it ready to sell again?

Sadly, the buyer backed out on the spot...he pulled in as I was gettng the bike back up. Luckily for me, another buyer came along shortly thereafter and he did not mind the rashes because he already had a paint job in mind.

So as soon as I got my 1st Gen II (blue/gold 08), T-Rex No-Cuts were on it pronto. Did the same thing when I got my current 09.

Sorry to hear about this.

Nearly done this myself, put the bike in the garage, went to get off and the side stand was not down, Lynne saved me with a grab of the bike.:thumbsup:

I'm sure I screamed.:laugh:

Mine fell over in the garage once but it fell against my YZ250 so it didnt go over.Made a little scuff but it rubbed out.The other time I tipped on an angled driveway and my slider didnt even help.I was more embarassed then anything.

Back