Not your typical stage 1 gen 2 Hayabusa

We should all be so lucky to have such a nice looker.

That’s her good side. Where the guy parked it under the car port gave it a heavy dose of Texas sunlight. The other side is faded pretty bad. BUT I was able to talk him down to $4500 soooooooo there’s a few dollars left to replace the faded parts.

That’s her good side. Where the guy parked it under the car port gave it a heavy dose of Texas sunlight. The other side is faded pretty bad. BUT I was able to talk him down to $4500 soooooooo there’s a few dollars left to replace the faded parts.
So what’s the first plan? I assume you won’t post many of your trials. Will be mostly privileged info I assume.

So what’s the first plan? I assume you won’t post many of your trials. Will be mostly privileged info I assume.

I bought the bike to do testing for my production turbo kit. Oh was that out loud? But as far fuel testing, I’ll post those as they come.

I’ve come up with a full flex fuel set up that can be used with a stock ecu which the bike in the video may or may not be using. The main goal is for a guy to run e85, and have the ability to fill up on 93, and be able to make it home after a night of racing. The idea of a “bolt on” flex fuel system upgrade seems far fetched, but it already seems to be achieving the goal of making it home. But it seems capable of doing more then that.

I bought the bike to do testing for my production turbo kit. Oh was that out loud? But as far fuel testing, I’ll post those as they come.

I’ve come up with a full flex fuel set up that can be used with a stock ecu which the bike in the video may or may not be using. The main goal is for a guy to run e85, and have the ability to fill up on 93, and be able to make it home after a night of racing. The idea of a “bolt on” flex fuel system upgrade seems far fetched, but it already seems to be achieving the goal of making it home. But it seems capable of doing more then that.
You have my attention sir. I had a twin turbo 5 series BMW that I installed a piggyback on. It had several maps, one of which was a flex fuel map. Varied boost according to what type of fuel it saw. Add half a tank of E85 and it let you have a up to 18 lbs.

I've been planning a c16 switch to boost control ....but I'm curious about flex cause I could fill up at certain locations....whereas I couldn't just pul into a station and fill up on c16

So will that just be 2 different Ecu Editor maps on a toggle switch then?

No sir, it actually uses a flex fuel sensor to adjust fueling based off ethanol content.

Odd thing is the bike is getting better mileage on e85/e98 then any finely tuned 93 octane bike.

Cool, so you will be able to run either fuel on the same tune then, right?
Curious to see the results!

Back