Not to start an argument, but... (RANT)

Amsctalx, I agree with you and with Brian (BA). I do sometimes get annoyed when I see pointless posts that are clearly designed to boost the numbers. There are people with 50, 100 and even 200 posts per day! Obviously, some of us get carried away. But at the same time I like the idea of being considered an ELDER member of the family, so I want my numbers to be high.

Frankly, at times I fight myself on the issue of whether I should post a response. I want my numbers up, but at the same time, I don't want to post purely for the sake of boosting my numbers. As you said, I think that artifically boosting one's numbers waekens the importance and status of being a senior member. With all that said, the question is who can draw the line? (NOT ME!) The answer is that each of us must decide for himself. I know that in 90% of my posts, I really had something to say, even if I just said it with a smile. Thus, when i reach 500 or 1,000 posts, I will feel good about myself, and hope that others will recognize me as a "senior family member".

That is all I can hope for.
Thinker
Well as an elder member (no jokes please) I have to agree that it is a mixed bag. I like to post info and get info. But at the same time I like to chat with all you guys. Sometimes I only have a bit of time to answer. I do like to answer all of you especially when asked in general. Keep on posting gang.

Oh yhea her is a mean less smile
devil.gif

I think it depends on the topic really... I try not to talk gibberish in a thread with a real point.. but lots of threads have normal type convo's going on.. so It doesn't bother me to post something that I thought about while reading somebody else's post... even if it is just a one liner (me type only 1 line.. hah! like that would happen) that I thought was kinda funny.

Does that make sense.. ?

I think it depends on the topic really... I try not to talk gibberish in a thread with a real point.. but lots of threads have normal type convo's going on.. so It doesn't bother me to post something that I thought about while reading somebody else's post... even if it is just a one liner (me type only 1 line.. hah! like that would happen) that I thought was kinda funny.

Does that make sense..  ?
Yes

(somtimes it only takes one word)

Back