Not sure which direction to go (build)

Blkoutbusa

Registered
Going to be a LONG, SLOW build when I get started, but in the planning phases currently and trying to make up my mind.

My previous bike was a stretched and slammed Suzuki GSXR 1000. It was setup for the strip, but was more than capable of being a daily rider. Not many curves where I live, so it was fine to be long and low and daily ridden.

Bought the Busa (2008) about a year ago now, and having fun SWB and stock height.

Wanna start getting parts going again. Already did mostly maintenance stuff, exhaust was on when bought, etc etc. Now is where I need to start thinking bigger picture. I miss the long and low life, but I had fun this last trip to Deal's Gap. Torn between the two worlds LOL. Deals Gap is 1x a year, so trying to keep that in perspective too...

Not that long or that low but I’m in love with my bike. Where I live is mostely flat also. But sadly I still pass my buddies in the corners.

Sounds like you need 2 bikes.

33F4879D-783E-44C5-9DE7-79C4194B6863.jpeg

That is the arm style I like too! Aluminum w/ underbrace. My low was low, but the long was only about 6" over stock. Enough to keep front down for racing, but not so long it was un-streetable

I find myself contemplating the same thing :banghead: .... however I feel like going a little longer and more power isn't all that bad...or...is it. Damn it! See... lol

Last edited:
I prefer the twisties of the north Georgia mountains. However, I'm in the process of finding a company to do some hydro dipping to my bike so I can use it for displays at certain events. When this happens, I'll need to find a new bike to use in the mountains.

Going to be a LONG, SLOW build when I get started, but in the planning phases currently and trying to make up my mind.

My previous bike was a stretched and slammed Suzuki GSXR 1000. It was setup for the strip, but was more than capable of being a daily rider. Not many curves where I live, so it was fine to be long and low and daily ridden.

Bought the Busa (2008) about a year ago now, and having fun SWB and stock height.

Wanna start getting parts going again. Already did mostly maintenance stuff, exhaust was on when bought, etc etc. Now is where I need to start thinking bigger picture. I miss the long and low life, but I had fun this last trip to Deal's Gap. Torn between the two worlds LOL. Deals Gap is 1x a year, so trying to keep that in perspective too...
if that's the case why don't u go plus 3 and turbo the thing..... thay was u don't gotta worry about those h2s anymore......

Prob gonna do more middle of the road stuff first, before I commit one way or another.

SS brake lines (and matching clutch line prob), Saddleman seat, possibly new levers. New rear cush drive pieces. Stuff like that.

Then, buckle down and figure out what I really want out of the end product. I was fine SWB until I saw one local stretched and slammed, no mirrors. Just so sexy looking....

My wife didn’t notice. It’s just a black motorcycle. I thought the new swing arm would start raising questions. Only comment ever made is she thinks the rotors are ugly. I don’t mind and the price for good rotors wtf.

Prob gonna do more middle of the road stuff first, before I commit one way or another.

SS brake lines (and matching clutch line prob), Saddleman seat, possibly new levers. New rear cush drive pieces. Stuff like that.

Then, buckle down and figure out what I really want out of the end product. I was fine SWB until I saw one local stretched and slammed, no mirrors. Just so sexy looking....
Not sure if C10 still has for sale he had some great black levers selling for a steal.

My wife didn’t notice. It’s just a black motorcycle. I thought the new swing arm would start raising questions. Only comment ever made is she thinks the rotors are ugly. I don’t mind and the price for good rotors wtf.
u did a great job with that bike.. its clean... soooo many turbo bikes end up alll hacked up... u notice that too>]?

u did a great job with that bike.. its clean... soooo many turbo bikes end up alll hacked up... u notice that too>]?
Thanks I wish I would of done a better job cutting for the dumps and the air filter it was off a bit but I made it look like it was suppose to be factory and it’s black so not as noticeable. My boost gauge mount is a little janky I use the back of a folding chair to make it lol. I ordered a tiger racing 3 gauge mount from tiger racing but I haven’t picked up a wideband yet. I wish I had more patience and attention to detail. But I tired to make sure it looks good. Before it was stretched I hardly ever washed it. Now it’s washed every week. My son loves to help because for safety reasons we have to make sure all the soap and grease is cleaned off the tire. And the only way I know how is a burnout.

6781A2E9-B7E8-4069-AA8D-24CD3F30D495.jpeg

Yes I have done everything myself with a ton of research and help from the org. I did start off with a RCC header and turbo used from a member here. That’s a great start it’s made to fit no fabrication.

Back