Not Sure What the Problem is?

Today's update. Pulled the sprocket cover off and checkedf the clutch actuator and rod. Rod seemed to move in and out with not problems, but the actuator was a different story. Pulled the clutch lever and the actuator did not move! It was completed at the recess of the its slot. Used some compressed air and a rubber mallet and finally got it out. Going to reassemble and see if I can bleed the line. Hopefully it will solve the problem.

Reassembly complete. Clutch actuator moves when the lever is squeezed, but I can't bleed the line to save my life! What am I doing wrong?

This sounds like clutch plates stuck together to me. May not be able to break them after that long and may have to replace, but no biggy if that's it.
smile.gif

Alright everyone, the suspense is over. Got it fixed. Thanks to all for the suggestions and a special thanks to Dave (clrwtrbusa). As I said before, I felt the problem was that I couldn't get the line bled and was frustrated that it wasn't doing something right. How true that was! I wasn't using the right tools. Went out today and bought a Mightyvac for about $30 had it bled within 5 minutes. Gave a pull to the lever and there was the resistance I was missing. I started her up and shifted her into first without the usual (recent) lurch. Ran through all gears like a dream! Think I'm going for a spin!

Cool ... that is good news ... happy for you Bro. You've got a lot of catching up/riding to do don't ya!?

Back