Not Sure What Colour

jchbusa

Registered
So I have my latest Busa which is the black and white version 2018.
I like the contrast to the 2 colors BUT cannot decide to either stay like this or just get everything painted in black
There are 2 panels than need re-spraying so it's now or never to decide between keeping it stock or going ALL black?

Any ideas or opinions would be appreciated.

DSC00157 (1).jpg

This may sound wild but I think it would look good with the part of the tail section with the GSXR 1340 was painted black while leaving the rest of it white, then adding a black stomp/grip type tank protector on each side of the tank as accents and keeping the black and white theme. Not the answer to your question though. For the bike I’d go all black before going all white :)

This may sound wild but I think it would look good with the part of the tail section with the GSXR 1340 was painted black while leaving the rest of it white, then adding a black stomp/grip type tank protector on each side of the tank as accents and keeping the black and white theme. Not the answer to your question though. For the bike I’d go all black before going all white :)

It's sodding difficult to what to paint.
The white doesn't have the reflections of the black but the white does show up the lines of the bike.
If all black then great looking paint and reflections but then a lot of it fades away and you can't see the size of the bike.

Still deciding but going towards the all black.

The white is regal looking in my opinion....take a look at @white.Busa and his bike, it is stunning..

Like Thomas said, put tank grippers to break up the white of the tank and leave it like that...

...side bar, I'm not a big fan of painting the signal light housings black...IMO

Black bikes are a dime a dozen...

my $0.02

The white is regal looking in my opinion....take a look at @white.Busa and his bike, it is stunning..

Like Thomas said, put tank grippers to break up the white of the tank and leave it like that...

...side bar, I'm not a big fan of painting the signal light housings black...IMO

my $0.02

Tank Grippers?

I think I might go for white for the nose and leave the side panels white/black but make the undersides white so they show up and black for the rear end and go from there :-). Have had looked for various color black/white Busa schemes on the internet but not found a lot :-(

Tank Grippers?

I think I might go for white for the nose and leave the side panels white/black but make the undersides white so they show up and black for the rear end and go from there :-). Have had looked for various color black/white Busa schemes on the internet but not found a lot :-(
Tank grippers...the black things on my tank...which are hard to see, they protect the tank and give your knees grip.

DSC01682.JPG

@jchbusa hello friend.
The changes I would make are these.
Carbon front fender
I would paint black the rear fender, or I'd buy a new on Carbon
Windscreen dark smoke color
The fuel tank in the 2018 model,has no stickers, I would try out a black tank protector (many use it in Japan mainly)
and finally black rearsets aftermarket, or you can paint your own
With these black additions I think you will have a special busa but this is just my opinion. I would never wear it black anyway. If I wanted black I would buy black.

*black tank protector pic

1450180004645L.jpg

my $0.02
My friend @Yellow09 thanks for your good comments.
The white 2008 model that I have, has many differences with the white color Busa of 2018.
The 2018 model has black side fairings and stickers, while the 2008 model has silver side fairings and red stickers. Also the white color code is different. The 2018 model shines for black parts, while 2008 fits beautifully and silver, and black.
However, both are beautiful!

It's sodding difficult to what to paint.
The white doesn't have the reflections of the black but the white does show up the lines of the bike.
If all black then great looking paint and reflections but then a lot of it fades away and you can't see the size of the bike.

Still deciding but going towards the all black.
Hi. Well we all know that the fastest color is Blue! I am going with white pearl with purple pearl mixed in flowing into dark purple pearl on the tail. The tail lights will be LEDs and they will be under the paint with a 3 way light switch. My no fold 250 MPH mirrors will have LEDs built in.

Think I am going to go with white for the undertray leave the fairing white/balck and rear black indicator pods, I have a black hump but it didn't look right on the all white rear end so with black indicator pods it might be better.
I also have a black rear end so might put that on with my current white indicator pods and see what that looks like.
Will post pics when i am doing it :-)

Back