Not sure if being ripped off!

lolbraaps

Registered
Hi all,

I have a 2008 hayabusa bought it new in 2008 but I had to go out of town for work and had to leave it sitting for almost 2 years.

Now that I am back and will be home for good I decided to head to local dealer where I purchased it to ask how much a complete flush of everyting new battery and tires would be.

The thing I am unsure if I am being ripped off is I wanted to buy some slip-ons becuase the stock exhaust of the hayabusa is so quiet, I wanted some thing that would make a little bit more noise....So I asked and they told me that I will need a power commander and dyno tune or it can run lean and ruin bike. I asked if just slipons not full exhaust would make it run lean they told me yes.

I love how the bike rides now and wouldnt change anything just wanted it to make a little bit more noise for saftey is it true I need all that just to run slip-ons without ruining the bike? any info would be great thanks!

slipons dont need anything to run right. i have two bros and love them. just took my PC off as i could never get anyone to dyno my bike. totally not needed. just buy some slips on have fun! ebay has some jardines for dirt cheap if u want to save a few bux

All you need are slipons. A tune is only needed when going with a full exhaust. Tell them that hayabusa.org said so. :beerchug:

All you need are slipons. A tune is only needed when going with a full exhaust. Tell them that hayabusa.org said so. :beerchug:

you do not need tuning for the slip ons, but be aware that you will loose some torque on the low end (2-4K) rpm which will gain it around 5-7 rpm

^^^^ Agreed! If they told you that you needed a PC and a tune with slip-ons and then quoted you an additional $1,100 for that, you should never step foot in that place again!

I would quote but its not letting is the low end torque you lose that noticeable?

I am currently looking for a new shop will try to find a more trustworthy place dont know much about thats why I came here to make sure thank you guys for the great feed back!!

I would quote but its not letting is the low end torque you lose that noticeable?

I am currently looking for a new shop will try to find a more trustworthy place dont know much about thats why I came here to make sure thank you guys for the great feed back!!

Where are you located at?

Just so you know (if you don't already) LOUD pipes DON"T save lives.

If I had an 08 I would change to slipons because I'm not a big fan of the big black exhaust pipes that come standard on the GEN II.
I would choose something just a little louder maybe - but I don't like the bikes that I can hear over ½ mile away. That's just me - do what you want....

You should be able to do most of the work yourself.
You can order the battery and slipons online and even tires. You should know or learn how to change your oil & filter.

You might not be able to change your tires. There are many videos on how to if you wanted to learn.

Where do you live? There might be other riders around you that could help you, and of course there is this forum.
Just some options to consider.

New tires, battery and oil/filter should get you riding right away then the slipons could be added at anytime down the road. JMHO.

OH by the way - find another dealer unless you have money to burn. :laugh:

It is not so noticeable, you will feel it the first time you will ride after you release the clutch. You can change the slip ons by yourself, you do not need others to do it for you. Go to Akrapovic;s site to see their data there

I got some nice slions for your bike, what's the dealer want for them?

GEN2YOSH.JPG

I was looking at the yoshi r-77 slip on and since i have the orange/black busa was thinking getting carbon fiber ones which are 1099$

will do im still open to exhaust had a buddy with the r-77 and it sounded good but im not really looking for loud just sounds good

You sir, need to find somewhere else to do business because they just tried to screw you hard.

Back