Not quite new but close

monyx

Registered
G'day all,

I'm a new Busa owner from SE coast of Australia.
Came close to buying a new '06 but was drawn to saving some $$ on a '05 with 1100km on the clock, with some extras. Doesn't seem to be any updates that I missed out on for the K6 so it will do me. It's the right colour for me - matches my old black riding gear - I got no $ for new gear
sad.gif

Apart from the obvious (grunt) the distinctive styling of the Busa was the main attraction, and I seem to fit a common thread having owned a old Suzi (GSXR1100L) few years ago.

I picked up the bike last weekend, only done 160mi myself so still getting used to it. So far the heat radiating from the fairing will come in handy as we head into autumn here.

Night I brought it home:

side-garage.jpg

yoshi.jpg

rear.jpg

My last ride, classic RG500 Gamma...bit of a contrast! This is pretty fresh despite its age only traveled 18k kms from new.

2-suzis.jpg

Holy hell
Reminds me of my 1st ride
Back when the GSXR750 came out in the 80s
NICE
Congrats & welcome
super.gif

Very nice. You did get the hump with it, right?!

Have fun!

--Wag--

Welcome and congrats..
smile.gif

The tank cover on the busa........ is it a Baxstar.. cover??

And that RG500 Gama.... used to have ONE years ago.. A beast of a bike..
cool.gif

Thanks for the welcome!

I got the 'hump'...removed it and installed pillion set-up for the missus' approval before she viewed the bike
biggrin.gif

The tank cover is "Bangster" brand with matching clip-on bag. US delivered vehicles go crazy with the side light/reflector on bikes & cars I noticed compared to Oz spec.

Quick steering geometry and 16" front wheel on the Gamma = I have vivid memories of a tank-slapper that nearly put me in the trees
eek2.gif

I also got Suzi mufflers and noise emission stickers for the RS-3 cans which is helpful since I think legislation here targets pipes without noise compliance stickers on them. Don't want to use stickers but will have them under the seat or something if I get booked.

If you ever want to sell that gamma let me know!!!
Ps Nice lookin bike, how do you like the bagster tank bag??
cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

Back