Not quite a busa... yet

briguy6977

Registered
hey guys... i'd like to start off by saying i respect each and every one of you on your knowledge and dedication to motorcyles, and giving everyone a chance to voice their opinions. im only 17 and for about 6 months ive had my eyes totally set on a busa. but seeing it will be my first bike i thought otherwise.. and settled with a gsxr600. so i can live long enough to enjoy the busa when i am experienced enough. but i was wondering, (mainly cause you guys know this shtuff like the back of your hand) is there a huge difference between a 97-99 gsxr 600 and the newer ones, 00-02? id appreciate all possible feedback. thanks guys

brian

CONGRATS ON THE TWO WHEEL PURCHASE. WHEN IT'S ALL SAID AND DONE ..... IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU RIDE AS LONG AS IT HAS TWO WHEELS. STARTING WITH A 600 IS A GOOD THING, REMEMBER THIS... IT CAN KILL YOU. IVE BEEN RIDING RIDING FOR 30 YEARS AND I'M LUCKY TO BE HERE. I HAVE OWNED AND RIDEN JUST ABOUT EVERY MADE BIKE THAT THERE IS. BUSA'S ARE THE BEST. RIDE SAFE AND HAVE FUN

aktion033.gif
Very smart move young dude... I highly recommend starting on a 600 or smaller even better. I'm 41 yrs old and had riden small dirt bikes growing up, then rode off and on,
(really very little) other bikes until 3years ago I bought a used 1990 Honda CBR 600. I thought it was fast then test rode a new GSXR 750 ... wow! world of diff! then bought my Busa last year.... unfrickenbelievable! I guess its all relative. But todays 600's are very much more powerful than ten years ago. Oh and I recently purchased a 2001 Yamaha R6 because I got such a deal on it and then sold it to my friend its fun and very fast but nothing compared to the Busa. It would also be absolutely in your best interest to take the local motorcycle safety class. 2 nights ago here in my town another guy was killed on a Ninja 500 by cross traffic, an old man turned right into him and he was wearing a helmet. I cant help but wonder if the dead guy had taken the class if he would still be with us. Ride safe ... have fun ... know your limits ... and by all means walk before you run 200 MPH. Aloha / KMC ( Hawaiibusa )
biggrin.gif

Pict0001.JPG

Hey folks. New guy to the site. Ridin 34+ years. I work as a public servant. Have owned 2 Triumph 650's, Harley 1340, Sportster 900, Honda 550 4, Honda 750, Kawasaki 900, Honda VF 1100, Honda VFR 700, V65 Magna, V65 Sabre, Jixxer 1000, 07 CBR (stolen)and now the 08 Busa. Just turned 1K miles. Pics will come soon. This site is excellent. Glad I joined up. Just put a set of 2 brothers shortie bolt ons and they are loud. But the sound is addicting and the performance is insane. Also dropped over 20 lbs. After realizing this bike will easily top 180 (been there) and feeling the explosive torque with a right hand twist, I modestly accept my limits as a rider and promise to behave on the streets in the name of public safety and self preservation.(not to mention my driving privlages) Peace to my fellow 2 wheeled brothers.
bowdown.gif

firedevil.gif

Wow lots o' newbies here...Welcome aboard to all of you, this iste is a wealth of information and lots of good people here.
Briguy, good choice on your first bike, the newer bikes tend to be a little better, lighter and more responsive so thats a good thing. Also,
1)Did you take the MSF? If you didint you should, good practical learnin in those classes.
2) Do you have ALL your gear? And make sure it's good gear, trust us on this it's a MUST do.
3) Ride with veterans, not young out of control squid types trying to push you beyond your limits RIDE YOUR RIDE ALWAYS.
4)Invest in some track days, for new or even seasoned rider it's a worthwhile investment, it will really show you what the bike is MEANT to do and how it is MEANT to be driven, look up NESBA you will prob think it's very cool.
5( Dont be intimidated or afraid to aks questions, we are here to help
If you ever need anything, feel free to PM people, they will help you out as
thumb_up.gif
much as possible.
Welcome abord to all and for god's sakes...let's be carefull out there
beerchug.gif

Three new ones to the board not one pic..... Whats that about. Welcome guys keep it safe.
lurk.gif

Hey folks. New guy to the site. Ridin 34+ years. I work as a public servant. Have owned 2 Triumph 650's, Harley 1340, Sportster 900, Honda 550 4, Honda 750, Kawasaki 900, Honda VF 1100, Honda VFR 700, V65 Magna, V65 Sabre, Jixxer 1000, 07 CBR (stolen)and now the 08 Busa. Just turned 1K miles. Pics will come soon. This site is excellent. Glad I joined up. Just put a set of 2 brothers shortie bolt ons and they are loud. But the sound is addicting and the performance is insane. Also dropped over 20 lbs. After realizing this bike will easily top 180 (been there) and feeling the explosive torque with a right hand twist, I modestly accept my limits as a rider and promise to behave on the streets in the name of public safety and self preservation.(not to mention my driving privlages) Peace to my fellow 2 wheeled brothers.
bowdown.gif

firedevil.gif
We'll allow you to make your own thread to tell us about yourself and post up pics. You'll get lost in here since most folks won't read something that started so long ago. Anyway, welcome to the board and congrats on the new Busa!

Back