Not new, but fun toy

TruWrecks

Banned
I've had this for a few months now. Bought it after getting a chance to handle Revlis' FNH toy.

It's my FS2000 with ACOG TA31DOC optic, and EOTech 511 CQB sight. The ACOG looks right through the EOTech glass with no distortion on blockages. The sight picture is crystal clear. I have the ACOG sitting on top of a LaRue quick disconnect mount so I can change FS to a CQB weapon in seconds. If I want the ACOG can stay for close quaters, but the sight picture is more limiting that way.

The strap around the butt of the rifle is for a URT-Sling single point system. I can be flipped to either shoulder without taking it off. Since the rifle spits brass out the front I can fire it from both shoulders without making any changes.

I have done some work on the trigger group to smooth out the action. It acts like a two-stage trigger now, but it releases smooth and clean. Not as good as an M-4 with a modified trigger pack, but still very smooth and clean.

It's a hoot to fire. It's not very heavy and the weight it so close to my body it feels very light. It's chambered for 5.56 Nato/.223 Rem. The barrel is a 1/7 twist. I found that using any bullets lighter than 55gr is not reliable. It doesn't have the kick of my .300 Win Mag, but it's still very fun to shoot.

Enjoy.

FS2000.JPG

FS2000_EOTech.JPG

Last edited:
Nice~!~

Bet that magazine lock makes it hard to hit anything~!~ LoL

Just kidding, gotta be safe~!~

Clear mag that loads up top, shaped like a U. The one I played with many years ago had a progressive trigger. Squeeze a little single shot, a little more three rounds, all the way back full auto. Nice toy, very nice....

This one is semi-auto only for legal purposes. :whistle:

The DOC dot on top of the ACOG is a bit redundant, but I like the optic of the EOTech better for close quarters. The DOC sight will come in handy if the EOTech batteries go down on me.

The mag release is no problem at all. I have shot prone with a 30 round mag with no issues. The mag well has a dust seal that won't let the mag drop free, so that is an annoyance. The upside is it's so clean inside it after putting 300 rounds through it, I rarely need to do much but run a bore snake through it and wipe it down with CLP.

The upside is it's so clean inside it after putting 300 rounds through it, I rarely need to do much but run a bore snake through it and wipe it down with CLP.

That has a lot to do with the ammo you're putting through it. I've got the EOTech on my buddies M-4. CQB just point aim. It's natural baby :thumbsup:

Good luck with the trigger Bro, remember the trigger pack is all polymer so uh... cannot really polish anything. One thing I did on mine is apply a fair bit of dry graphite to the long rails that lead from the trigger itself back to the trigger group. It's made a pretty good difference, otherwise you can lighten the pull a little by lightening up the springs in back a bit beyond that, I haven't come up with anything to be done.

Glad you're enjoying it.

My only thought is that with an ACOG the EoTech is pretty redundant, using the BAC the ACOG will be just as fast. Not to mention that any sorta CQB is really irrelevant for us civilians. But the ACOG is designed for both eyes open all the time acquisition and shooting so really it's all you should need.

Besides it'll cut a pound off the weight. :thumbsup:

OH OH, If you want a sling, Urban ERT Slings is the bomb. Seriously tough, Effective, and allows for several different carry options. :beerchug: Unless that's what you've already got.

IMG_5663sml-1.jpg

IMG_5671sml.jpg

Last edited:
Yep Revlis. Same sling. The EOTech isn't mounted right now. I'm keeping it incase the DOC battery fails and I can't find another easily. I'm thinking of putting the EOTech on my 50AE just for the hell of it.

:beerchug:

Last edited:
Back