Not Making the Spring Bash

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Drove 3 1/2 hours this morning and was a stones throw from where I was gonna meet Gary and another friend when I was rear ended. According to witnesses I went about three feet in the air. Managed to keep the rubberside down, but the bike couldn't be rode. Lots of damage. Just hoping the frames alright. Subframe is gone. The bike went so deep into the front of the van the rear pegs were broken. The entire tail including signal pods are gone and the rear brake resevoir was busted. Rear rim bent. The hump that was installed for the first time a day or two ago is the only reason I didn't hit the windshield of the van and managed to stay on the bike.

I hate that I will miss all of you. Did two hours in the pouring down rain and just before meeting up get taken out. :banghead:

I think Gary took some pics with his phone. Hope they don't total my baby.

You guys enjoy the Bash. :thumbsup:

35 MPH zone, just no reason for it.

So sorry to hear this Robert. Glad you are ok. As you know all to well the bike can be replaced but you can't. There is NOBODY who can replace DO3!:whistle:

Just glad you are able to walk away. There is always the fall. I may be at that one.

Good luck with the insurance company and glad you did not just open fire on the driver of the van even though it could be seen as self defense.

I guess my pelvis ( lower left back ) is a little bruised, but just glad I stayed up.

Really never got angry :dunno: Was hoping I could limp to the Bash but found that the bike couldn't be rode so I told the fellas to take off. The guy never talked to me, never asked if I was alright , never apologized, nothing.

Lower back pain SUCKS!! That's what I hurt in my accident April 1st. Just glad your still here the bike can be replaced you CAN'T!!

Wow! That just sucks! Glad you are ok. Bike will be repaired or replaced, thank goodness for that hump!! See what you've been missing...

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Robert i regret not being able to see you, but i am just happy you are ok.

Sent from my DROIDX using Forum Runner

2 hours riding in the rain than rear ended and you were still hoping to limp it to the bash? Your hardcore man. At least you were able to walk away. Good luck.

OMG!!! So glad you are OK. Go get checked out by your doc anyway!! I take it Naomie was not on the back of the bike thank God! Prayers sent!

I guess my pelvis ( lower left back ) is a little bruised, but just glad I stayed up........
Get checked out! I came off an FZ1 the 4th of this month, was able to ride it home, 30-45min, was sore. Finally gave into my wife to get checked out (she was following me on another bike). Long story short you don't always feel the pain the first day. I ended up with compression fractures of T4 and T6.

Hate to hear about your get-off but get checked out! If not for you for your loved ones.

Glad to hear you walked away, I hope you recover fast!
Glad to hear the hump help you, Take care

Sorry about the bike - very glad you are able to post this up yourself... Sounds like it could have been a much worse outcome for you - glad it wasn't.

Sorry to hear it. I hope everything is set and made right over the next days and weeks, and that you're back to normally abnormal very soon.

Back