not happy reading "busa problems"

Wheelies are all in the right wrist and/or clutch hand.
You can hammer the throttle, lean forward, and easily keep the front down at stock wheelbase.
If you feel you need to go faster to where a possible power wheelie will get you in trouble...then cops are the least of your worries.
A busa is very mild mannered and easy to cruise or accelerate quickly.
Extended arms are for 2 things.
Looks, and the dragracer leaving the line in the meat of the power. It's near impossible to launch hard at 6k+ rpm and consistanly keep the front planted full track.
Add a few hp and drop a few lbs and an extended arm is a must to run quicker.
Otherwise, you just cruise. A 4"-6" stretch handles decent just cruising around.
But you'll never rail corners like stock wheelbase.
It sounds like you've never ridden a busa(which is fine), and you really need to if you haven't.
Stock, they have a long throttle pull.
That makes it a smooth, lazy ride.
Until you twist it hard, you have no idea the rocket your riding.
They pull pretty good til about 6krpm...then they take off if you stay in it.
The only comparison to a Harley is that they both are considered motorcycles.

i have actually. a pals, I kept it very mild though, his lifted hard coming down an on ramp onto the highway, not enough for a full wheee, but certainly noticable ( im 240 lbs was tucked in as well, to be fair his was turboed too). the positioning was primary in why i chose to search my own out. the mass is familuar so that was another contributing factor. the instant power was the added benifit.

lol, turbo is a completely different animal.
oh entirely... Ive been on a lot of bikes in over 20 years riding as a sole source of travel.. Id never been on a turbo bike until he offered to let me ride his... I gotta say, I cant recall a shityerpants feeling quite like just barely hitting throttle and feeling the boost just slingshot your ass back in the seat. I was unprepared for it is a kind way of saying it. it felt like the powerband of force just took a swift kick in the ass and wasnt stoping.. that said, and yea, I enjoyed the hell out of it.. I wont be adding a turbo anytime soon, while it was damn fun to run even conservately. its not what Id want for a daily riding bike. I can just envision what would normally be getting on the throttle to avoid a car coming in your lane quickly becoming having to dodge another car that was in your lane a 1/4 mile ahead because you just leaped right up its ass.

Most all 1000cc and bigger sportbikes are stupid quick anyway. Anything capable of sub 10 second quarter miles at close to 150mph, and 180+ in a standing mile...stock.

Back