Not even a newb

Wolverine41086

Registered
Greetings to all,
Unfortunately, I'm not even a motorcycle owner anymore. I previously owned a 2003 Yamaha R6. I love riding on two wheels. It was for financial reasons I had to sell the bike. It wasn't something I wanted to do but I am sure some of you have been in a similar situation before. The wife and I both want me to get another bike and I have always been in love with the Hayabusa. Not for the speed, but for the beauty of it. Since I joined the org I have just been lurking and trying to do as much research on the bike as I can. Trying to get an idea of what to expect etc. I'm really hoping to be financially able to get a used busa in the future. Just wanted to finally say something and come out of the shadows.

Figures auto correct changes newb to news in the title

image.jpg

Re: Not even a news

Welcome. Ask plenty of questions about buying a used Busa, when you're ready.
They're basically all strong and rarely break.

Welcome to the org. Wish all the best in your quest to get the busa. You'll love it

:welcome: to the board...you're definitely not the first to find themselves without a bike due to circumstances...do what you need to do to get your life in order and better times will come :beerchug:

Thanks to everyone for the welcome! I really enjoyed the R6 I had. I'm a shorter rider 5'5" so the R6 had me tip toeing. I know the busa is shorter but ill do whatever I need to to make sure I can ride it comfortably. I'm not the kind of person that would be scared to get off of it and walk the bike around if need be. I already had to do that sometimes with the R6 anyway.

I just want to say that I've been on other forums and anytime anyone talks about getting a hayabusa they are chastised. People tell them they will die within twenty minutes of riding it, will severely hurt themselves no matter what. Any kind of actial input is far from what's given. It's nice to see (for the most part) intelligible responses and conversation.

Welcome! I am on my second hayabusa and love the bike. I am looking at buying a cruiser to go with it though. I like the sport bike handling of the big bird, but my wife wants a comfy long haul two up bike as well. Although when she rides the busa with me, and I grip and rip, it gets her hot and bothered and we have to find a motel. Can't get 50 miles without it happening. It's eating me up in hotel bills.:thumbsup:

The one thing about the busa is that with so much power, it eats tires. When tires get eaten, the grip goes. When the grip goes, you can have surprises. When you have surprises, they suck.

The lesson? You are going to be buying lots of sticky tires if you buy a busa.

Welcome to the oRg! All good advice so far!

Sent from my Ford F-150 using Forum Runner

Welcome! It's a great Bike man. Just take your time learning first gear. It's a monster. And yeah your tire bill will be outrageous if you like to let her rip :welcome:

Back