Not another starting problem!

imbhyland

Registered
I have read many posts on bikes not starting, but was unable to find one the same as my problem. I have a 2007 Busa with 15000 miles on it, all stock no mods. Recently the bike started acting up on start-up. With the ignition on, the gauges light up as usual and the bike starts to crank. It immediately dies and turns itself off. No lights, no starter, nothing, complete shut down. I then disconnect the battery, the bike comes back to life and has a 50-50 chance of starting. once running everything is good. At first I thought the alarm system it wasn't seeing the transceiver ( I have a Scorpio alarm ) so I changed the battery in the remote and the system turns on and off just fine so I'm pretty sure that's not the problem. There are no fuse issues and I'm pretty sure the battery is good.
Is the starter on its way out? Bad electrical connection? I know there are a lot of very knowledgeable people on this site and I would appreciate any opinions on the matter.

Thanks in advance

Bob

Sounds like its you scorpion REMOTE IGNITION DISABLE. http://ridescorpio.com/store/products/scorpio-accessories/remote-ignition-disable/ Try removeing the remote ignition disable box. To properly remove, locate the ignition disable box, trace from the black box to where it is wired into your system. The wire is used to bridge a single wire in you ignition system. When activated on demand or by a faulty device it will disable the bike totally.After removal reconnect the single wire with solder. Tak the bike for a spin on a rough surface just to make sure its not something else. If this resolves your problem, order a new ignition disablier from scorpion or ride without it.

how old is the battery? if Rhythm's solution doesn't change anything, i would have the battery checked next

Sounds like its you scorpion REMOTE IGNITION DISABLE. REMOTE IGNITION DISABLE | Scorpio Try removeing the remote ignition disable box. To properly remove, locate the ignition disable box, trace from the black box to where it is wired into your system. The wire is used to bridge a single wire in you ignition system. When activated on demand or by a faulty device it will disable the bike totally.After removal reconnect the single wire with solder. Tak the bike for a spin on a rough surface just to make sure its not something else. If this resolves your problem, order a new ignition disablier from scorpion or ride without it.

That was my thought too... +1.

(I bet that's it)... If not, check all your connectors and make sure they are all solid. ((Always start with the simplest and cheapest solutions first, before you go spending all kinds of money only to find out you had a loose connector.))

Let us know how you make out... Welcome to the Org!! :cheerleader:

Thanks Rhythm, I disconnected the remote ignition disable and everything seems good. I have been riding for a couple of weeks and have no issues. Thanks to everybody else for their replies, it's good to have the org to ask people questions.

Back