Not a happy customer of BCP

busakiller

Registered
I have held back from saying anything negative about Rob owner and operator at boosted cycle performance. I really liked him and he does do some cool stuff. BUTthe way he runs his business I would stay clear of him. Communication is pretty non existent once he has gotten paid. Unless he needs something from you. His time line of when he will get stuff done is ridiculous. I sent him my bike to him in June/July 2019 for a tune. Well that turned into him saying the motor needed to be rebuilt. So he did that but that took a couple months. After that he wanted to build his own turbo kit for the bike as the kit on my bike was a pieced together kit and he said he didn’t want to fight putting the header on. And the turbo wasn’t going to make the power I wanted to make. So I paid him to build a turbo kit for the bike. Everything was ok for the 1st 6 months dealing with him. But come early spring of 2020 is when he become a problem. Hard to get a hold of and never gave a clear answer to when the bike would be done. I will share the texts between us so you guys can see how many times he said the bike will be done or it’s close to being done then say oh man I have a lot I need to finish on it. Parts weren’t the problem to get either. So 3 years later I finally get the bike back. It made 450 on pump gas with methanol injection. I was happy to have it back. But when it came back the fork seals were blown out. So those needed to get fixed. Then I have had nothing but problems. Rob charged me for a new air compressor for the bike but never installed it. He’s response to that oh yours worked fine. Well it did for the 1st couple times out then it died. I also had problems with the boost controller. He told me to buy a new sensor and that didn’t solve the problem. $150 dollars gone. Then he said it’s the solenoids so that was another $150 I believe. That didn’t solve the problem. The pig tail he used for the dome pressure sensor was shoved next to the cylinder head it melted and made the wires break inside. So I had get a new pigtail and wire that in. After that the bike was leaking oil. Oil filter was loose and valve cover leaks oil. Bike also arrived with a broken air shifter. I had to fix the wiring he did to that as the plug in was junk. All stuff he had installed. So after battling all of that I was able to really start enjoying the bike. Well kinda. Bike felt quick but what the dragy was telling me was a different story. It was doing mid to low 3s 60-130 on 15-16 pounds of boost. Which is 330 hp. My old gen 1 stock motor stage one turbo kit on 12 pounds made 280 hp and ram those same times. 50 horse more and not any faster. I kept turning it up and got all the way to max boost and this thing was still slow. At less I think it’s slow and not as fast as a bike making 450 whp should be. So I have 5 maps ranging from 12 psi to max boost. I was finally able to take it to the track and test it and see what my dyno sheet traps…. Well I was disgusted with the results and they were what I was hoping I wouldn’t see. Bike trapped low 160s and highest was 172mph I believe. This was during a roll race event and start speed was 40-45 mph. Well after 5 passes at the track and a total of maybe 50 street miles the bike ate a piston. I called Rob right away a and of course he didn’t pick up like always when I called him. But he sure texted back right away. I told him what happened and then he started to tell me I did it. But I have sent him all the data logs of the bike so he could make sure the tune and everything was fine. He then said I must of held it on the limiter but I sent him vids from the passes. And the logs show I never it the limiter. Then he said fuel injector must of got stuck closed from derby. So I rushed the injectors to a shop today and they came back perfect. So now I have a bike that’s blown up that I waited for 3 years for and got jerked around for 3 years on and it lasted a couple miles and couple pulls. I have called and texted him asking him to help in any way and nothing. So this is what you get when you deal with Rob. While the bike was at robs many people here messaged me about having problems with Rob and it’s annoying that nobody said anything and really spoke up. Even a fellow member here helped me attempt to get my bike back from Rob when it wasn’t finished. Since Rob wouldn’t respond. I even talked and dealt with the local sheriff to get the bike back since Rob wouldn’t respond. People did confirm he was at the shop when I was attempting to get my bike back. I have spent about $16k and now I have to start over. I don’t know how bad the motor is hurt right now. I have no time to deal with it anymore. But future customers beware.

Compression test of my blown up bcp built bike motor.

CEF048E0-6EE2-43F8-8F83-A3FB658CBD41.jpeg

C564221D-50AA-43A8-BD1A-EAD369CFAEFB.jpeg

I read everything, feeling sorry for you and the nightmare you went through.

Thanks for sharing, I would not work with Rob after seeing how he is or actually he is not responding to phone calls and messages, and what he did with your motorcycle.

Even if I live on another continent, if Rob would made a kit for my bike, maybe I would had buy it.

Now there are 0 chances to work with him.

Hi. That is to bad. I lost faith in him when I started to see sone posts on here. I know how hard to do this. We lost Frank over a bike that I do not think he fixed either. What are you going to do now?. If you want you can call me at 508-496-3312 after 2 pm eastern time.

Right now it’s going to sit in the garage and collect dust. Idk what to do with it. Just do a simple rebuild or do the upgrades I think it needs to perform the way I need it too. Would also like to get the transmission cut so I can lower the kill times. As the turbo losses a good amount of psi in between shifts. The turbo is laggy. So I might just build a 1407 motor and port head and do cams. The more power it makes na the more it will make with boost and the bigger motor will help with turbo lag. Just don’t know if I’m going to go intercooled or run the bike off straight methanol. Probably do a stand-alone ecu also. But we will see what happens. This bike was supposed to be my ultimate street bike for the street and track. But after 3 years the street isn’t appealing to me anymore.

Damn man that sucks. Lots of money for a shiny paperweight....well it’s pretty big so more like a garage decoration lol but that’s my biggest fear when I finish mine is done, blowing it up and not having the funds to throw it back together. Hopefully you’re able to get it back running soon

To not warranty a motor without looking at it or determining it was the builders fault or not is beyond me even if it was a "race" motor. I'd have no customers if I operated like that! Not including all the other stuff he half assed...

There are alot of builders/racers that called him out awhile ago but it was none of my business so I didn't say boo. I'd be scared to ride anything he built and would tear it all apart and inspect... maybe he focused all his time on Joe's bike.

Sorry man that's a kick in the stomach.

To not warranty a motor without looking at it or determining it was the builders fault or not is beyond me even if it was a "race" motor. I'd have no customers if I operated like that! Not including all the other stuff he half assed...

There are alot of builders/racers that called him out awhile ago but it was none of my business so I didn't say boo. I'd be scared to ride anything he built and would tear it all apart and inspect... maybe he focused all his time on Joe's bike.

Sorry man that's a kick in the stomach.
Im sure he did a killer job on joes bike. But what’s Rob going to do. I would have to send him the bike and wait for him to do something. Look at the other guy on here that had his bike built by Rob. Motor blew up on the dyno and Rob never fixed it. Just waited it out till the customer was so pissed he said good time it just give me my bike back. Rob doesn’t have a pot to piss in. He’s so slow at getting jobs down he can’t make any money. Last year I needed some parts for my bike he had them. I asked him how much and kept asking him so I could buy parts and he never replied back.

Back