NOS noobie needs a little help:)

shogun

Registered
Hey guys, been thinking about putting some NOS on my busa. nothing too big maybe like a fifty shot. which setup do i need to get for only like 40-50hp a shot. Also, my main concern, i know 40-50hp isnt too much but is this harmfull in any way for any part of the bike? does it reduce the engine life? does the bike overheat? wanted to get an opinion from you guys first of course:thumbsup:

thanks!

I have one of the kits from Ryan Schnitz and it works great Nos into your air box and no worries, make sure you mount the nozzle at the front up near the ram air tube so the nos goes through the air filter and all of the box's sensors

nice! So i dont have to re-map my pc3usb after intalling NOS? that ecu flash thing, i dont have to do that correct?
btw, what is purge, i know how it looks and what it does but what is the point?

ECU flashing is just another way to control your nitrous and fueling etc. If you add nitrous for sure you need to have it mapped or you will burn the motor up.

Make sure you map it it will die without a new map.:rulez: I am in need to get mine mapped to just have not had the chance and everything is hooked up and ready the weather has held me up.

so even if your staying with a small pill size like 40 or under it needs to be tuned richer at higher rpm's? i was always under the impression that the stock fuel system is smart enough to adjust to the nitrous by itself without extra tuning as long as the shot size isnt too big.

so even if your staying with a small pill size like 40 or under it needs to be tuned richer at higher rpm's? i was always under the impression that the stock fuel system is smart enough to adjust to the nitrous by itself without extra tuning as long as the shot size isnt too big.

We dont have closed loop fuel control on gen 1 bikes, it has no idea how you are throwing 50 hp more to it. gotta add fuel to go with the NOS unless you wanna go BOOM

I have one of the kits from Ryan Schnitz and it works great Nos into your air box and no worries, make sure you mount the nozzle at the front up near the ram air tube so the nos goes through the air filter and all of the box's sensors

+1

Great system,.. I have this setup and love it!

that makes sense then. guess my bike isnt as smart as i had hoped haha. ive already got a pc 3 are there any maps floating around for nitrous or am i going to have to pay for dyno time? and ryan do you have any kits that include a purge solenoid and tubes? id rather just buy 1 kit for nitrous and purge instead of 2 kits

me personally, i like to know i have a safe tune (dyno needed) before spraying or boosting anything, not worth skimping out on a dyno session and risking melting the motor

Question no one asked.
How ass nine is it to want NOS just for looks. I want the bottle etc but have no need to remap because I will never hit the button. Truth be told I don't have the need for more HP.
So am I wrong to want only the look? Am I alone?

Well that certainly makes install a snap

Get a flashy bottle, run a braided line to no where, done

Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Back