NOS air shifter problems

madkidmike

Registered
So a little history, a little everything.

New member and this is my first post. I have been reading a tone on this site for months. I was big into circuit racing but recently got into drag racing. I went from a track R-6 to a 03 stretched 45 dry shot NOS Hayabusa drag bike.

My problem:
I have an air shifter that is manually actuated using a toggle horn switch. The system uses the NOS for the air pressure. It has a Carolina Cyclers regulator, MPS ignition cutout and a fuel cutout (just replaced, ran every mil sec possible).
When shift with air from first to second at high rpm I am getting caught in neutral. Every other gear is fine. Low RPM I fine. I have tried everything, It just keeps get caught in neutral. I can manually shift fine.

This system worked fine for a long time. I switched out front and rear sprockets and have had the problem since, I might have had one good run. Everything is hooked up correct. I have adjusted my ram in every position possible.

I am completely at a lost at this point.
I am located in Cincinnati.

Need more info. What is the pressure after the regulator? If your pressure drops for some reason you will miss the 1-2 but can still make the others. What controls the amount of time your solenoid is actuated? If you don't have enough time you'll miss the 1-2 shift because it is the longest one.

I have an MPS kill box that is controlling the cutout. It can be set from 50-100mil cutout and I have tried it at all settings. I don not know my current pressure after the regulator, I plan to put a gage on it now. I have tried adjusting the regulator to different settings with no luck.

thats because ur not loading the shifter before you shift. you have to put a little pressure on the shifter before u hit the button to shift into second. I had the same issue. ull get use to loading the shifter after a few times out. giv it a try I'm sure that will fix ur issue.

Back