Norton Bankrupt?

bigoltool

Registered
Just reading that Norton Motorcycles has entered administration in the UK. Rumors of people getting screwed out of deposits and other underhanded activities abound.

I was a huge fan of the Kenny Dreer Norton Commando 952 as well as some of the others the new ownership came up with since taking over the company from him. Hopefully someone reputable steps in and saves the company because its bikes are worth saving IMO.

I have the full size poster of this pic on my Garage wall to this day in fact.

7252007111712.jpg

Norton has been holding on for dear life for years it seems...they never really gathered traction since they went out of business the first time...too bad, I would have liked to see them survive over all the other British bikes.

My brother has a BSA 250 scrambler which has Triumph and Norton parts as it was on the assembly line when BSA went out of business and they had to finish the few they had left.

Just reading that Norton Motorcycles has entered administration in the UK. Rumors of people getting screwed out of deposits and other underhanded activities abound.

I was a huge fan of the Kenny Dreer Norton Commando 952 as well as some of the others the new ownership came up with since taking over the company from him. Hopefully someone reputable steps in and saves the company because its bikes are worth saving IMO.

I have the full size poster of this pic on my Garage wall to this day in fact.

View attachment 1611934
Very sad news . . .
I reckon Jay Leno should take control and invest some of the millions he has tucked away . . or someone like him anyway.
They are an awesome machine, I've never ridden one of the latest versions but I sure would like too!
Love that 'school girl' they used in the poster lol.

This story just gets worse by the day. I'm reading stories of Norton buyers taking their new V4s In for warranty work, only to find that the factory was stripping parts off of them to complete other bikes on the production line. Stuart Garner's going to prison if true.:banghead:

The original Norton manufacturer has been gone for quite some time...much like the original Indian bikes, they keep getting rebranded, bankrupted and then put away again until someone else comes along to buy them.

The original Norton manufacturer has been gone for quite some time...much like the original Indian bikes, they keep getting rebranded, bankrupted and then put away again until someone else comes along to buy them.

Man that article skips over a whole lot! Kenny Dreer's team did more the revive the Norton name than anyone involved with the current spectacle.

They may have been saved

TVS Motor reaches deal to buy British brand Norton Motorcycles: sources

The deal, which has been in the works for several months, will see TVS take full control of the 122-year-old Leicestershire motorbike brand for an undisclosed amount, the sources said.

Accountancy firm BDO stepped in as Norton’s administrator in January after production was halted at its Donington Hall factory.

BDO led the discussions with TVS which is expected to provide enough investment to revive the famous brand and resume production, one of the sources said.

TVS Motor and Norton Motorcycles were not immediately available to comment.

If and when they start producing motorcycles again, they had better name one the "Phoenix" as this company has been raised from the ashes more times than I can recall....

I'd imagine with the economic down turn, it will be a while for the first bike to roll out and it will be a very limited market.

I have noted people are buying motorcycles which have good customer service and support, I can't imagine Norton having such support outside of the region they are built.

Sounds like the TVS aquisition is a done deal now. All these pics got me thinking of the Vintage Norton ads from days gone by...
e5dff5b4a6883c921f997501f73f03b7.jpg
FEuTDMqpgY98j_bB2bQCPveX-WVdf4tEocFMYvG3uTkyFucxot.jpg
rjw6KMFo672u7l6TZTwEl3vSvXn4QpNN04ZXwNUhfn3paSWoJQ.jpg
72commando750.jpg
5U_snIGos5JbAhFaksAZSFrj6H6ufOY7DKiF2F28jBcKmLKgIQ.jpg

Back