Noob With B-King Questions

CSX4350

Registered
I just purchased a new B-King and WOW, what a ride! I've had a ton of bikes and several vMax's, but this thing is stupid. Even not having gone over 5,000 RPM it is a monster, that actually handles well. It's a bit more of a sport riding position than I thought it would be, but it's not too awful bad. I am still considering a new vMax also, but this bike is so much better in so many ways. I haven't ridden an 09 Max yet, but I am very happy with the Bee so far. In virtually all respects it is a fantastic bike.
I have a few quick questions for you folks who know these bikes a bit better.

What is the deal with the rear brake? It's like it's not even there, it has zero stopping power. The front brakes will launch you over the bars, but the rear is probably the worst I've ever felt, even the old drum brakes felt better than this one. Is there anything that can be done to improve it?

What is the tube on the left side of the engine, with the rubber cap on the front?

Is there any way, does anyone make a kit, that will make the front turn signals also running lights? I think the side of the front turn signals would be a perfect place for LED running lights, has anybody made anything like this?

TIA

John

Welcome to the community John - after nearly 30 years of riding big bikes I can say that the B-King is the best bike I have EVER owned by far !!!

To answer one of your questions "What is the tube on the left side of the engine, with the rubber cap on the front?" see photo below.

Regards

BRIAN

BK4.jpg

I haven't notice the back brake being weak. I can lock up my back tire at will. Maybe the rotor has got some type of contamination - oil, chain lube etc.. Brake fluid level? Air or constriction in brake lines. Bad caliper - probably leaking - maybe very little and letting air in? Keep in mind that the front brakes on the King have twice the braking surface and and significantly more than twice the stopping power than the back brake! The perceived braking on the two wheels is like night and day. I only use the back brake when I need maximum braking or for slowing in tricky curves - very aggressive riding conditions.

Note: spare me the you should always use both brakes speech - it's the way I ride and I do know were the back brake pedal is when I need it...

:welcome: I love the MK 19!! I once got in trouble bc of "over kill" With the MK 19... By far one of the funnest things to shoot!

I agree Nick7
You know people say Johannesburg is a dangerous city but funnily enough I feel quite safe cruising around on my King.
Of course I believe in "INSURANCE".
Regards
Brian
Johannesbug
South Africa

Insurance 2.jpg

Brian, for once I can actually say that I am jealous, and it takes a lot to get me to say that. You've got a few things there I'd like for my collection.

I took my bike for a good ~120 mile ride today, and have to say that I like it even more. My most recent bikes have been an FJ1200, GTS1000, 3 vMax's, and a GL1800. In comparison to all of those, this thing is light and extremely agile. I am shocked at how easy it is to cruise at 85 to 90, and the wind isn't a problem. It would probably be worse approaching 100, but I rarely even ride the speeds I was going today. Then again, on a Wing or a vMax, 90 is a lot of work. It floors me that this bike was such a poor seller, it is a fantastic ride.

Is the 600 mile maintenance something I can do or do I really need to take it to a dealer?

Last edited:
I agree Nick7
You know people say Johannesburg is a dangerous city but funnily enough I feel quite safe cruising around on my King.
Of course I believe in "INSURANCE".
Regards
Brian
Johannesbug
South Africa
I love your decorator , You also seem to have very good manners, the supressors probably keep the neighbors from being annoyed.

Can civilians own full auto in SA? Are they semi autos rifles? In US full auto only with federal permit and pre 1982 build date...

BRPO
You are so lucky to live in a country where laws are respected and enforced.
Throughout Africa we have a never ending series of corrupt governments and lawless countries from the top of the continent right down to the bottom.
America has evolved into the one place on earth that can set a great example and help police the rest of the mess.
I wouldn't want to live in a world with a U.S.A.
You have a lot more friends than you think.
In my little corner of the world it is literally every man for himself.
Laws are made and almost NEVER enforced.
On the VERY rare occation that you might be pulled over for speeding you simply ask the cop what the "Spot Fine" will be and then hand him some cash.
About R100 will do the trick - roughly eight US dollars.
It is somewhat how I imagine it must have been like to live in the Old American West 150 years ago.
Just like back then it can be a ton of fun at times.
After all, we do have some great roads and some unreal and quite unspoilt countryside to ride through.
Regards
BRIAN
Johannesburg
South Africa

First thing i noticed is the rear brake is weak, however it can slide the tire, it takes some pressure to do it. I hardly ever use the rear brake anyway.
That round thing is the charcoal canister.

Welcome to the oRg, if I had the cash, I could be tempted to purchase a king. :beerchug:

Back