None Ya Business, Don't Ask

POWERHOUSE

Frank
Donating Member
Registered
This has come up several times in the past month: I get a call from someone I don't know asking details about a customer's bike. What did you guys do? How much horsepower did it make? What parts did you install, how much was the build? I just bought a bike from this person, can you give me info about it?

This comes under "noneya" for a lot of reasons.

First of all, we do not give out info on anyone's bike without their express permission.
I don't know if you are legitimate, or if you are casing out somebody's garage getting ready to steal the bike. I don't know if you are getting ready to set up a race, and want the inside line. In short, I don't know YOU.

If you want to know about a bike we built, ask that person! If he or she wants to share that information, that is up to them. They have the build sheets, they have the work order, they have the dyno charts. Leave me alone.

And if they want me to share their personal information with you, tell them to call me and let me know it's okay.

POWERHOUSE will not share another person's business with you, so DON'T ASK !

We hope that you understand and respect this policy.

Thanks

Frank
POWERHOUSE

This has come up several times in the past month: I get a call from someone I don't know asking details about a customer's bike. What did you guys do? How much horsepower did it make? What parts did you install, how much was the build? I just bought a bike from this person, can you give me info about it?

This comes under "noneya" for a lot of reasons.

First of all, we do not give out info on anyone's bike without their express permission.
I don't know if you are legitimate, or if you are casing out somebody's garage getting ready to steal the bike. I don't know if you are getting ready to set up a race, and want the inside line. In short, I don't know YOU.

If you want to know about a bike we built, ask that person! If he or she wants to share that information, that is up to them. They have the build sheets, they have the work order, they have the dyno charts. Leave me alone.

And if they want me to share their personal information with you, tell them to call me and let me know it's okay.

POWERHOUSE will not share another person's business with you, so DON'T ASK !

We hope that you understand and respect this policy.

Thanks

Frank
POWERHOUSE
your
A man with absolute integrity.

Frank, can you please give me a list of what you did to Brad Pitt's bike, can't catch him in the 1/4?

Excellent policy! A couple years ago my brother bought a new car. Before the first oil change he was hit head on. Insurance company decides the car can be fixed (whoever decided surely lost their job). After 2 months putting it back together, the new car just isn't right. He trades it in on another new car at the same dealership. Dealer sells the car... new owner has issues with the car. It just so happens the guy is in the service department on the same day as my brothers first scheduled maintenance. Service writer says... "There's the guy that had the car before you... go ask him". It was not a pleasant experience for anyone involved... Bad business through and through.

Kudos to you for respecting the privacy of your customers!

I agree with all the above plus;
Your business is information and that is how you make money and that is what the customer pays for.
If someone whats that information they should be willing to open a work order and pay you what you charged the first customer.
If you want to go as fast as me you should be willing to spend the same amount of money as I have.

Back