Noisy stator

Busifer

Registered
, I have an 03 hayabusa. When I got it, the seller told me the stator was bad. Be be I replaced it and now there is noise coming from the stator. What a could it possibly be. Thank you for your time and experiance.

, I have an 03 hayabusa. When I got it, the seller told me the stator was bad. Be be I replaced it and now there is noise coming from the stator. What a could it possibly be. Thank you for your time and experiance.
Did you replace it yourself, or have a shop do it? If a shop did it, take it back. The noise could be the result of the bolt backing out and contacting the cover.

Kinda like this! As said above, should make no noise damage to cover is superficial, then other pic is new bolts installed locttite!
04315904-3AF8-4957-9192-6EF952EB159A.jpeg

6996ED62-0351-4D16-9238-A986DF43D3AC.jpeg

'02 Busa has a leak from aftermarket stator cover.

Does not leak when idling, though when riding it leaks.

A few local riders said it common with aftermarket covers. They suggested doubling the gaskets.

So I bought 2 new gaskets from local dealer. I will be dropping bike and new gaskets back off to shop that swapped out old for new coil & aftermarket stator cover.

What do you guys think ?

Thanks in advance.

'02 Busa has a leak from aftermarket stator cover.

Does not leak when idling, though when riding it leaks.

A few local riders said it common with aftermarket covers. They suggested doubling the gaskets.

So I bought 2 new gaskets from local dealer. I will be dropping bike and new gaskets back off to shop that swapped out old for new coil & aftermarket stator cover.

What do you guys think ?

Thanks in advance.
I think a leaking cover is unacceptable, aftermarket or not. Is it something special, like a clear one or something? Doubling a gasket is not a fix I'd use, I would send it back where it came from and demand a one that didn't leak or a refund. If it was on the bike already I'd put a stocker back on until I could afford one that worked.

" ... leaking is unacceptable, ... is it something special ? (clear or something) ... "

It's a polished chrome cover with kanji logo, no clear see through window. The clutch cover does have clear see through window, it doesn't leak.

The bike is doing back to shop that did the work. Doesn't matter to me how many gaskets or gasket maker is used, I just don't want it to leak.

Any leak is unacceptable. (especially when worked is performed by a professional)

It's a polished chrome cover with kanji logo, no clear see through window. The clutch cover does have clear see through window, it doesn't leak.

The bike is doing back to shop that did the work. Doesn't matter to me how many gaskets or gasket maker is used, I just don't want it to leak.

Any leak is unacceptable. (especially when worked is performed by a professional)
Agreed

Back