noisey top end '03 busa

OxfordBusa

Registered
Hi, My 2003 RZK3 has just clocked 1200 miles, I noticed 2 weeks ago a tapping noise which seemed to come from the top end. This lasts for about 30 seconds then suddenly dissapears, not appearing once the bike has warmed up. I'm sure this noise wasn't their when I bought it and had its first service (or am i going mad.....god I don't know!!!!)..Has anyone had a similar experience?

<!--EDIT|OxfordBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084259459 -->

If It's REALLY loud be concerned, otherwise Busa's are some noisy bitches... Seriously, mine sounds like a freaking sewing machine... The clicks get quieter when they get bathed in oil, once the oil reaches them anyway. After about 2500-3000 miles switch to a high quality full Synthetic and the motor quiets down a fair bit. Still noisy though, you got the clutch rattling around you got the cam chain making noise, and a valve train that sounds more agricultural than Hi-performance.

If it's LOUD take it to the shop, or if your really concerned take it in anyway and have your wrench give it a listen, more than likely he'll tell you all is well, be about your day...

smile.gif

My '03 does it too...only when started after the bike's been sitting there for a while (a few hours). I just thought that since its been sitting there all night, gravity drags the oil down so it takes that 30 secs for it to bath all the parts on the first start. Hope its nothing major, but I got extended warranty if its anything serious. Rev is right though, the Busa is generally a loud bike compared to all my others.

Back