Noise In trans with clutch out

spot

Registered
Bike has 50 miles on it runs great just noticed tonight that when clutch is out I get a little bit of noise comming from somewhere guess it could be the rotating mass sound when you pull in the clutch it goes away never had a new bike just 4 used ones is this normal

Bike has 50 miles on it runs great just noticed tonight that when clutch is out I get a little bit of noise comming from somewhere guess it could be the rotating mass sound when you pull in the clutch it goes away never had a new bike just 4 used ones is this normal
In neutral I assume?

r8

You are describing the classic sounds of a clutch basket rattling around.

This is not unusual while the bike is COLD, but if the rattling is still present when the bike is thoroughly warmed up, that might be something I would investigate further...
dunno.gif

She's pretty new too! Let it break in a bit. You are under warranty so that's a plus.

r8

I use to hear the same noise when I got my 01'. I later found out that the dealer had it idled too low. I adjusted the idle and the noise went away for me. What is your bikes idle set at in neutral?

Same thing on my 08 when engine is cold (in neutral). Sounds like Warchild has the best explanation.

I just picked mine up and noticed the same noise last night. My idle is around 1100 rpm. I figured it will probably go away when it gets broke in, mine only has 17 miles at the moment. Oh and it hadn't warmed up yet either.

Thanks guys I can sleep again was worried I was going to have to take her to the doctor being suzuki sounds like there trying to get out of trans issues i was scared

IMG_0088a.JPG

Back