nobody like to play with me!

You shoulda raced him for pink slips, before he saw the light!!!!!
we sort of raced the other nite from one stoplight to the next (which wasn't that far) and beat him and i never left first gear (i forgot to shift becuse i was laughing so hard) and he was not to happy about it either
pissed.gif

Here is a link to a comparison chart I have been working on (I posted it in another topic recently), but it pokes fun at the Lightning...  Even my Audi S4 (no mods) can take the F-150...

Enjoy...
Audi S4 take the lightning.
There's two locally owned bone stock Lightnings that have run bests of 13.11 and 13.32 with serious traction problems.
What does the S4 run Ripley???....... I didn't know they were that fast.
Mine is bone stock and runs a 14 @100. 0-60 in 5.5.

Guess I misread about the lightning's times.

However, this year's S4 (NA V-8 instead of twin-turbo V-6) is quite a bit quicker... I have heard rumors of 13's.

A chip on my car makes a TREMENDOUS difference (adds about 60HP), because of two turbos to play with. But, it is already to fast for this trafficy area.

Vrip, I love your graph!
smile.gif
How accurate would you say it is? Pretty decent sources?

Vripley,

Cool spreadsheet, It would be cool to have price column in there too, and a speed/hp to price ratio. Just a thought.

However, this year's S4 (NA V-8 instead of twin-turbo V-6) is quite a bit quicker... I have heard rumors of 13's.[/QUOTE]
Easy way to know: Top Gear tested it against the BMW M3, they were a pretty close match, but the Audi was better allround, especially around the corners ...
I'd consider 13's as very likely

Hey one note with the Turbo S4's be careful with aftermarket Chips at high altitudes. I have a friend Nate who had his S4 eat itself about 3 times in about 2 years. This was in Colorado, and his mechanic felt it was probably a combo of chip and altitude, don't know the specifics but up around 5K feet you might want to check into it.

Oh yeah, and be sure to swap in the original chip if something goes Tits Up. Don't void that warranty...

Back