nobody is posting this, this OFFENDS ME

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
Pentagon May Court Martial Soldiers Who Share Christian Faith

The Pentagon has released a statement confirming that soldiers could be prosecuted for promoting their faith: "Religious proselytization is not permitted within the Department of Defense...Court martials and non-judicial punishments are decided on a case-by-case basis...â€.

The statement, released to Fox News, follows a Breitbart News report on Obama administration Pentagon appointees meeting with anti-Christian extremist Mikey Weinstein to develop court-martial procedures to punish Christians in the military who express or share their faith.

(From our earlier report: Weinstein is the head of the Military Religious Freedom Foundation, and says Christians--including chaplains--sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in the military are guilty of “treason,†and of committing an act of “spiritual rape†as serious a crime as “sexual assault.†He also asserted that Christians sharing their faith in the military are “enemies of the Constitution.â€)

Being convicted in a court martial means that a soldier has committed a crime under federal military law. Punishment for a court martial can include imprisonment and being dishonorably discharged from the military.

So President Barack Obama’s civilian appointees who lead the Pentagon are confirming that the military will make it a crime--possibly resulting in imprisonment--for those in uniform to share their faith. This would include chaplains—military officers who are ordained clergymen of their faith (mostly Christian pastors or priests, or Jewish rabbis)--whose duty since the founding of the U.S. military under George Washington is to teach their faith and minister to the spiritual needs of troops who come to them for counsel, instruction, or comfort.

It is simply the continuing "incrementalization" of humanity. We are methodically having our rights and freedoms restricted or eliminated. Where do you start ? Turn on XM 168 right now... they are covering all the strategies of control and just spoke about Hitler and some of his techiques for dumbing down the masses.

We are under assault by the ruling elite. They want you gone so they can have the world for themselves and their servants. George Carlin on You Tube says it very well.

Information is power... and our mainstream information has lots of tainted information making the rounds.

Just look at all the ways their making acts that were once considered patriotic now being labled terrorist type thinking or action. How about free speech restriction zones where the Secret Service in on duty protecting the POTUS.

Im by far the least religious person I know, its my choice, I dont care what others do. But, If I were spending my time getting shot at and blown up, I might just gather with a few buddies, lower my head and ask for some help. I shouldnt be in fear of court marshall for doing so. There shouldnt be a mandatory prayer for anyone, but I see nothing wrong with someone offering to say a few words, soldiers are more than fit enough to step away for a few minutes.

Id also like to say that since the folks that have been shooting at our soldiers tend to yell a lot about religion and use it as the reason to kill us, It just might be okay for our guys to have some faith while in country.

Only the people in control have a problem with it. It certianly isn't the will of the people telling our policy makers to stop it.

my daughter's father in law is a chaplen at the PENTAGON....i have yet to ask her...how this is going to effect him now.

God is Not Popular in the Mainstream Media now days. Obama is a Liberal who has a Muslim Background. What do you Expect ? It's a Slow One at a time approach of taking away our liberties. I can go on but Did Not Vote For Change like the rest of America did.

Robert

God is Not Popular in the Mainstream Media now days. Obama is a Liberal who has a Muslim Background. What do you Expect ? It's a Slow One at a time approach of taking away our liberties. I can go on but Did Not Vote For Change like the rest of America did.

Robert

I agree with your statement! We as a country are going down hill and it scares the crap out of me!

This is a big change from a couple of years ago, when the Army was specifically measuring people's spiritual health and we in a way, targeting Atheists... I am not sure what to make of this, but I believe in a supreme being. Now, I don't have too much sympathy here, since I was asked to leave a military church for not taking off my Masonic ring during service. So, if the faiths are are going to play favorites, then I am not sure why the government can't... however - people need to go back and re-read the 1st Amendment...
"Separation of Church and State" is a paraphrased simplification. What the Establishment Cause actually dictates is that the Government can neither create or designate an official religion or prefer one religion over the another. The question here will really boil down to how the word "proselytization" is defined and characterised.

Just my .02

Chris, the libs will not be happy until the military is filled with lesbians. We want females to fight our fights and be gay while doing it. Disgusting.

There aren't too many athiests in a firefight....

Here we go again, taking things away from people, just because it makes a few feel "uncomfortable". The Army has done it's best to provide Chaplains of different faiths to accomodate others (including Muslims), and I've never been FORCED to attend any church service. IF it doesn't HURT you, why does it offend you that it HELPS someone else? Just like a prayer before a football game; if you don't believe in it, just quietly sit there and respect the other person who DOES believe.

If I were in a muslim country, and it was prayer time, would I be 'offended' if they wanted to pray? No - I could quietly respect their request and go sit somewhere else. But it doesn't go both ways, does it...

Frankly, I'm surprised that the military still gets away with having the tradition of a prayer before and after just about EVERY official ceremony. Eventually, some PC snob is going to get this banned, and frankly is going to piss a lot of soldiers off...

Funny the First Amendment was brought up. This action would seem to violate it. On a side note our economy is in a shambles , we are being attacked on our own soil, and this seems like more entertaining news to keep our mind off the stuff that worries most of us.

Guys, our country is under attack in every way possible! There needs to be a revolution! WE THE PEOPLE are being stepped on more and more every day. What the country was founded on is being taken away with almost every new bill/law congress enacts! It is a disgrace. Take a look at Greece and Spain, almost daily there are riots in the streets all because of these same issues. Over 50% of their youth are unemployed, and it's getting worse! This is what is soon to follow here in our beloved country if major changes are not made. I honestly no longer believe that it can be changed, and that is the most scariest thing of all.

Maybe I'm just being optomistic, but considering this is a Fox News story, steming from a Breitbart news story, attacking Obama...I have some REALLY strong doubts at to the truth of the facts as they are being presented...but who knows; anyone follow up on this to see what the bottom line is?

As I suspected, it's complete bull****:

Fox Falsely Claims Obama Administration Leading "Christian Cleansing" Of Military | Blog | Media Matters for America

Well, that's what you get for trusting breitbart and fox...

Of course, your link comes from a farily liberal site, so not sure how unbiased THEIR article is.

But, we will see. Depends on if the armed forces start changing the current status quo.

I don't think Soldiers should use their duty time to preach to their subordinates. But if they start forcing removal of prayer before formal events that would constitute a change...

I don't know, the direct quotations from the Air Force guidelines and the department of defense spokesperson seem to make it pretty clear that Fox is talking out their asses (again). Even if we consider both sources as equally reputable (which is unlikely), I tend to believe the story in which the sky isn't falling. Oh, and btw, the Breitbart story doesn't appear to exist on the web anymore...wonder why that could be....?

I don't know, the direct quotations from the Air Force guidelines and the department of defense spokesperson seem to make it pretty clear that Fox is talking out their asses (again). Even if we consider both sources as equally reputable (which is unlikely), I tend to believe the story in which the sky isn't falling. Oh, and btw, the Breitbart story doesn't appear to exist on the web anymore...wonder why that could be....?

Given the left's recent attacks on all social issues, I wouldn't put it past them.....

Mark my words boys.... wont be long and every one will be forced to bow to the koran

Ain't gonna happen. You can't really force anybody to do anything except under duress. If a lesser of the 2 evils is offered... then... their is always option 3.

We could start option 3 right now and call for an election to all post in the government.

In the UK they call it a "snap" election. Looks to me we need to start throwing the bums, whores, liars, cheaters, and scum out the back door while we still have a chance.

The people that got us here are not going to be the same ones that fix this mess with very few exceptions... probably less than a dozen benevolent high ranking politicians that aren't sociopathic to the core.

The way this world is run now... anytime some one in power can get what they want by stepping on somebody else... that is what they do.

I was thinking about sending a letter to the IRS telling them I am breaking the law by paying my taxes. As far as I know it is illegal to aid a criminal organization. How hard would that be to prove ?:laugh:

Back